Fun games

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Anyone plays various card or similar games? Usually do with some company around and just recently came across Timeline (got the Inventions and Events sets); nifty little game. Of course Cards Against Humanity is always good. Any others you guys like?

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
A great pub up in Camden Maine, The Drouthy Bear, had various games. Wife & I played Exploding Kittens. Had a blast. Very similar to Uno.

Cribbage is huge in Maine but we have not played yet.

Haha, exploding kittens looks funny. Hopefully our younger cat does not resent us for playing it. Little guy is getting big; looks like a little keg with legs...

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
Lifeboat. https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Games-OOC1002-Lifeboat-Card/dp/B0025D1UFO
Game is fairly basic. You essentially are playing to get the most points and make it to the end of the game alive. Most of the game comes down to lying and manipulating the other players.

War on Terror the board game was fairly entertaining but is essentially Risk. Risk is classic.

Settlers of Catan is always good.

Outside of those any classic card games or ghetto card games are always good.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Also have and played Box of Bad Advice, but not a big fan of that one. I do like the Timeline games the best so far. For those who have not played, each card has an event, invention, etc. on one side and the year it happened on the other. Everyone has the cards event, etc. side up. You place it in the row of other cards (where you think it belongs yearwise) then flip over the card to see if you are right. If you are, the card stays, but if not, you discard it and grab a new one.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
when I lived in MI, Euchre was the go to.

Uno, dominoes, and Cards Against Humanity (adults only) are my faves, other than poker.