LR3 SE/HSE/HSE HD options

usmcxd

Nov 13, 2011
Oceanside, ca
I know its probably a dead horse by now.... Given that prices are around the same(in my area) and mileage does play a role in price, maintenance ect. Is it a huge difference, now that ARB makes lockers, to go with the HD with the electronic rear locker? leave out the V6...not an option in my mind. The biggest difference that i have seen between the SE and HSE is a few of the optional perks like the radio, but most of the trucks I have found in my area all have the all the extra options that are usually stock on the HSE. So...the question is... go for the HSE HD or just get the unlocked HSE or SE?

TIA

Matt

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Matt-
Depends on how hard you intend to wheel one; is it critical for most, most of the time? Almost certainly not.

It is definitely a nice to have but I wouldn't let it hold you up from buying one if it has most of the other things you want in a 3 (and comes with maintenance records and such).
r-
Ray

usmcxd

Nov 13, 2011
Oceanside, ca
Ray- thanks. It's not a deal breaker. I have found a HD that's in my price range, along with a HSE....is the resale value there if I go with the HD or is it now a "meh" thing since arb makes lockers?

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Ray- thanks. It's not a deal breaker. I have found a HD that's in my price range, along with a HSE....is the resale value there if I go with the HD or is it now a "meh" thing since arb makes lockers?

Only people that care about the HD seem to be the folks on ExpO who treat it as is if this the holy grail. Having wheeled them side by side the other things folks should get first (tires) matter nearly as much.

I'd suggest getting the one that has the most of the things you are looking for across the board-with the best maint history.

BTW, I love mine. Fantastic truck, truly a superb vehicle-but def not a D1 in terms of wheeler either. In many ways it will outdo the older platforms-right up till when it won't. As a DD though, it really shines.
r-
Ray