Disco 1 price curve

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
What are the visual cues that you're looking at that allow you to deduce from the photo that the rack is not genuine SD? I am not familiar enough with the nuances of the original to identify an imitator.

The mounting brackets are different, as Stu mentioned, as is the rear work lamp bracket.

Ive placed many empty beer cans in that trasharoo miles from nowhere by the glow of that light. Its a legit setup

I will never debate the functionality of a light bar. There is no getting around the fact that they put out a shitload of light and don't draw a ton of power. I just can't get past the way they look. Every douchebag with a Wrangler has one.

I always appreciate when someone has a Trasharoo on a trip so I can throw my garbage in it, but the reality is that I'm not creating that much garbage to begin with. A regular plastic grocery bag is more than enough for me and my wife on trips. I always just toss it when we get fuel.

"Bill Burke edition" winch! lol Looks like a nice winch, but the grill is too cluttered for my liking.

I don't think they are still available, but you used to be able to buy a Bill Burke edition Superwinch Husky 10 which came with a synthetic line. There may have been other things that were different about it as well, that's just the first thing that comes to mind.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
25K on the nose.

OOPS! I dont think the winner meant to pay that much!
29472630_1871636212846680_2878016164384997376_n.jpg

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
Yeah. Guess he would have spent $25k but thought it would incrementally go up to that if others bid it that high.

Tough lesson to learn but he did enter that amount...

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I don't buy a car to please other people. As long as it puts a smile on my face that's all that matters. I get people asking me about my D2 almost every time I drive it......I see at least 5-6 tricked out JK's everyday.. I don't bat an eye.. but if I see the silhouette of what looks like a D1 or D2 It catches my eye every time. Even in stock form.

This is spot on!

I?d love to have a minty D1 in stock form to cruise around in. I?ve been thinking of getting a stocker Southwest no-ruster and stashing it away, only driving it on Sundays in the driveway with my main man Raymond. It will be worth a pretty penny one day (10 years? 20?). For some reason I picture it being bright red with armor-all on the cute little stocker Michelins. Beige interior. Tape deck. But the truth is that buying a second Disco gas hog to tool around in is pretty stupid. The only real justification would be to stash it away.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Don't flatter yourself. I've written you off as an idiot. Just trying to get the real value on a Disco. Not your stupid ass pipe dream. I only got one sentence into your post. So shove the rest up your ass.

That?s fucking funny!

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I'm not trying to flatter myself. The farm I work on is telling me to write this stuff. I am just following orders and trying to be a good comrade.

Apparently all of your shitposting in the Trump thread really ruffled some feathers.

This picture should clear things up a bit for you.

Shit, so is this!!! Somehow I never opened this thread. I?m gonna smoke another bowl and keep reading. My wife DVRs Bold and the Beautiful. I read Discoweb.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I didn?t like the lugs either. I finally changed them.

I do like the headlights though.

The headlights look pretty good....from 20 feet out. I really wish the D1 was finalized with the round lights.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
"Bill Burke edition" winch! lol Looks like a nice winch, but the grill is too cluttered for my liking.
1520844598b25977DSCF4249-940x627.jpg

Sorry but Ebert gives this one a thumbs down. The LEDs are horrible. Like someone else said, they throw great light and don?t draw shit but damn, man, just look at them. I have 4 little round 2.25? LEDs that I bought about 3 years ago and I just can?t bring myself to put them on my truck. Maybe I?ll put them so far down below that you can?t see them and they can illuminate the dirt.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
For some reason I picture it being bright red with armor-all on the cute little stocker Michelins. Beige interior. Tape deck. But the truth is that buying a second Disco gas hog to tool around in is pretty stupid.

Fuck - you just described my D1 except for the armor-all and Michelins although not sure if Rioja is considered bright. My tires are stock size BFG ATs. And it has a Beige leather interior. The radio is stock as well - have hundreds of cassette tapes from which to choose.

Actually enjoy driving a totally stock Rover versus my fairly modified RRC. For the amount we drive it, the gas mileage doesn't matter and compared to the really thirsty RRC, not too bad.

:)

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Fuck - you just described my D1 except for the armor-all and Michelins although not sure if Rioja is considered bright. My tires are stock size BFG ATs. And it has a Beige leather interior. The radio is stock as well - have hundreds of cassette tapes from which to choose.

Actually enjoy driving a totally stock Rover versus my fairly modified RRC. For the amount we drive it, the gas mileage doesn't matter and compared to the really thirsty RRC, not too bad.

:)

Rioja Red is indeed the color I'm thinking of!

hks3sgte

Apr 20, 2004
Los Angeles
I like the early D1 in any shade of green with the funky Castor wheels. 5 speed. I also want the twin sunroofs and the jump seats.

autowp.ru_land_rover_discovery_5-door_us-spec_3.jpeg

finnarne

Feb 4, 2015
Norway
Re: Off topic

I prefer a 2door

pickup
l-2015-05-02_15_33_05.jpg

But I'm also (re)building 2 door D1 van based on a -72 RRC Chassis, 200tdi Body, 300tdi Engine/Drivetrain, 300tdi bulkhead and dashboard.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Rioja Red is indeed the color I'm thinking of!

It was a difficult color to find and what my wife wanted - it actually is "her" Disco.

I like the early D1 in any shade of green with the funky Castor wheels. 5 speed. I also want the twin sunroofs and the jump seats

We had an Epsom green metallic RHD version while in Japan - only an auto. It was an SE7 with beige leather interior. Sunroofs didn't leak either. The wheels were a grey color Castor.

The japanese LR techs in Tokyo were fanatical and made sure every leak was taken care of.

Other than the LR dealer in Liechtenstein, the best care provided by a dealer I've had on a Rover although others have also done very well over the years - some though have just been terrible.