Wii U Super Mario Maker Bundle

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
It's brand new, and the packaging is pretty much immaculate. If any of your kids (or you) are interested in the Wii U, this is a pretty nice package.

It comes with Super Mario Maker, which allows you to, among other things, make your own Super Mario Bros. levels.

It also comes with a special edition 30th anniversary 8-bit Mario Amiibo. Two of these were released. One can be purchased separately, and the other only came in this bundle.

Now, it took me a little while to figure out just what the hell an Amiibo was, but when I did, I immediately realized just how much a kid might enjoy them. You place it on the console or game pad to launch the character into the game. After that, you can play as that character or, here's the kicker, train it.

Then, you and your friends can load trained Amiibos into a game and watch as they perform. If your kid loved Pokemon, this is kind of like real life Pokemon.

The console itself is black, so it won't look stupid in your AV console.

I bought several; one to sell at a premium before release, and the rest to sell at retail to verified parents make sure kids have stuff for Christmas.

Unfortunately, some ass-hat fucked me on Ebay. Twice. Effectively locking me out of the gig until the frenzy was over...

That's okay. He'll be getting penis enlargement and other "male enhancement" product e-mails and similar leaflets in his mailbox for the foreseeable future. I wonder if he thinks it was worth it, just to kick mine off the market?

Probably not... LMFAO

Anyway, I'm selling it shipped for $350, and a donation will be made to Discoweb if donations are still happening.

If you want one, this is just a bit higher than you'd normally pay, but factor in taxes and shipping, and it evens out.

For older gamers, there really isn't much here aside from a hand full of notable titles, unless you really want to kick the fuck out of Mario and make your own levels. For kids, though, it's supposed to be one hell of a console.

Comes with a tablet style controller that can be used for many things.

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
I do know that there are a number of unique, family-friendly multi-player titles available for the console, and stuff for when you might have people over for an event.

You're not going to be playing Doom or Final Fantasy X; it's a Nintendo, after all, but check out the available games. You might find something you like out there.

Also, I have played the motion control games on the Wii before, and they can be a bit of fun. If you have people over on occasion, or want something to do with elderly members of the family, everyone seems to enjoy the sports stuff.

Doesn't come with everything for that. You'll need some extra bits to play the main motion controlled games that were meant for that sort of thing, I think. Hell, I don't know.

Look it up. I'm just selling the thing. I've never used a Wii U before, so I don't know precisely what it all does.

Cheers,

Kennith