Automotive Technician(s) wanted

Maximumwarp

Mar 22, 2015
Fairburn GA
Trying to cast the net as wide as possible here. I know most folks aren't in Atlanta, but Chris's little login map of the US had a pretty strong showing for our area, so I figured it was worth a shot.

I'm in need of techs at my shop. It's fleet service, as you'll see at the link. Location is South Atlanta, near the airport (Buffington Rd, specifically) and the schedule is four 10-hour days. Current shifts available are Tue-Fri and Thurs-Sun, 7:30-5:30. This differs from a dealership in that we do not pay book time, we pay by the hour, and you are guaranteed 40 hrs a week, with opportunity for overtime when we get busy. No stay-late-to-make-8 here. We also offer 401k w/3% matching and profit sharing, plus full benefits.

Dealership experience is a big plus. We have Warranty privileges with Nissan, Toyota, GM, Chrysler, and Ford, so experience with any of these brands is also a plus, but not a requirement. There's a complete list of minimum requirements on the link.

https://nationalalamo-erac.icims.co...cian--full-time-position--atlanta-airport/job

Maximumwarp

Mar 22, 2015
Fairburn GA
People still get ASE certifications?

Yeah, I knew someone was going to ask that question. Another way we're different from a dealer. If you're at a dealer, you're only working on one make of car, and so the manufacturer trains you with their "school" or certifications. Since we work on everything, we need some sort of generalized certifications on file for all the techs, namely for liability reasons. Let your imagination run wild with possible scenarios there.

We have access to the GM and Chrysler training websites, but that's it. Ford won't let us at theirs.