Model: Discovery G4
Engine: V8
Transmission: Auto
Mileage: 146k
Drivetrain: 4WD
Ext. Color: Tangiers Orange
Int. Color: Black
Key Features: Limited G4 Challenge edition, recent maintenance, mostly original

Bidding is live on Second Daily, all of the information is included here or on the page
https://seconddaily.com/daily-gear/2004-land-rover-discovery-g4/

Currently for auction is one of the 200 G4 edition Discoveries produced by Land Rover. This one was sold new in Massachusetts, where it toured the streets of Harvard Square and Brookline Ave. as a daily driver. This G4 is reported to be well maintained, with recent service history. It is being sold with a clean clear Texas title. The original window sticker, two keys, and books convey.

It was involved in a minor rear end accident in 2010 under the original owner, no other information is known except the CarFax and Autocheck both do not suggest airbags were deployed and the car does not appear to have been towed. Five weeks after the accident, it passed the MA safety and emissions inspection. In 2016 the vehicle was fully serviced through a pre-delivery/maintenance inspection with Land Rover of San Antonio, including fluids changes, ECU checks, and general recommended maintenance performed (approx. 12k miles ago).

This Discovery shows some nicks and bruises typical of a 13 year old car but above average if you adjust for it being a Land Rover. All of the G4 decals are intact, and '06 G4 spec stickers adorn the door bottoms. A 2″ suspension lift was added from original.

The original bumper has been replaced with a winchable ARB painted bumper and black brush guard with dual spot lights. It shows its fair share of chips and nicks, though nothing appears bent or misaligned. Remember, you're buying a G4, not a CPO Honda Pilot. Within the last year, service items include replacement of the water pump, fan and fan clutch.

Inside the Discovery, the upholstery appears to be very good shape. We see no immediate tears or flaws in the carpeting or seats. The passenger front seat shows a small spotting area in the seat bottom that can be seen in the picture. All of the leather and buttons appear to be intact. The rear seats appear to be in great shape. A new headliner was recently fitted. Both sunroofs are said to work, and the drain lines were recently cleaned, and are said to not leak. The air conditioning was recently serviced. Heated seats work, as does the remote locking key fob.

Last edited:

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
I think it?s great your posting here but this ?Remember, you?re buying a G4, not a CPO Honda Pilot.? is highly inappropriate for the Disco-web crowd. It?s actually even offensive...considering the crowd here ;)

You also have a weird typo in the next paragraph that makes no sense.

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
I think it?s great your posting here but this ?Remember, you?re buying a G4, not a CPO Honda Pilot.? is highly inappropriate for the Disco-web crowd. It?s actually even offensive...considering the crowd here ;)

You also have a weird typo in the next paragraph that makes no sense.

I truly hope a G4 shows more nicks and bruises than a Pilot...I know everyone one of my Rovers does. :)

Thanks for the typo catch.

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
New pictures added showing paint meter readouts, and more itemized service items showing. Please share with anyone, referrals are paid in real money or awesomely awesome Second Daily gear

Jan 25, 2010
your moms bed
If it lived in Massachusetts all its life I'd love to see pics of the undercarriage and rear frame horns. Last time I checked they liked using salt on them Harvard roads when it snowed.

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
If it lived in Massachusetts all its life I'd love to see pics of the undercarriage and rear frame horns. Last time I checked they liked using salt on them Harvard roads when it snowed.

All the pics including underneath are posted on the link. Few spots of surface rust, nothing that appears more than that. Looks clean. Looks like the outer sheath or waxoylcoating peeling off the sway bar. Closing soon.