Discovery 2 brush gaurd

deznutz

Aug 29, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Hi I was looking for a factory brush gaurd for my 02 Kalahari. I live in Kansas so don?t know if shipping is an option. Most I?ve found around here are fairly rusty. Previous owner had removed the gaurd and I was looking to get it back to where it was before. Not to worried about the fog lights but the headlight guards would be nice.

Thanks Dan.

deznutz

Aug 29, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Yeah I’m pretty sure they fit either. I was looking for the one with a single bar below where the lights would mount I’ve seen both styles on the series 1 single and with an additional bar that comes out. Let me know wich version you have and what your thinking price wise. Willingness to ship.

Thanks Dan

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I know the rules state I should state my price when posting an item for sale. But that's really not how this went down. So make me an offer. It's brand new still in Rover cardboard. I got it in about 2000 because somebody didn't install it due to something but my parts manager and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I know that I used to have to pull them a little to make the gap at the fenders match. Not sure if that's what the guy was talking about. But I always had to pull on them with a come along or a wratcheting tie strap and a lift post or a tree.

Do you work someplace that can receive it. Shipping residential and commercial is kind of 2 different worlds. Might be too big for UPS. Not really sure.

I could bust it out of the box and take some pics. But it has never been on a truck, just sitting in my way.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I get it. I'm thinking it's worth $250. I think it lists for over 600. Let me know. It's not going anywhere, I want it to get used, but I personally don't like them. But with your Speacial edition truck I think it would be a good home. And it's in my way.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I'm going to be out there this weekend. I'll send you some pics. I kind of think there was different hardware, maybe an extra bracket or something.

deznutz

Aug 29, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Seems as though there is an extra bracket indeed. Did you get a chance to grab any pics. I sent you a pm with a contact number. Just let me know. Thanks.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
No I didn't get out there cause I had to go to work on sat. I'll look up what was different. I think you had to take off an extension to the frame rail on a disco2 and then the other bracket it the recovery hook. I'll try to dig it out and get some picks.