DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > General

General General BS

Old 11-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #5426
seventyfive

Default Re: Donald Trump Rally in Colorado Springs

as a man it's hard to have empathy, i am extremely maternal but i'm also hard wired to think with my dick. my wife understands me, but she can't use that same empathy towards other men! this is why the line between harassment and 'predator' is so blurred.

as a man when we are sexually harassed by a hot woman we call it flirting. now if shes fat and ugly we don't think it's flirting but we don't categorize it as harassment either.

now if she's one of those power lifting chicks and can out bench me...then it gets tricky, it's no longer flirting...it's kinda dirty. when a woman has professional AND physical power i categorize it as harassment. that's the way i look at it from a woman's point of view. harassment is an act of mental and physical power. women feel physically vulnerable even if the act is not physical. this is why this issue may seem over blown for men...we don't know what it's actually like to feel over powered and vulnerable. unless you've served real time, then you know what it's like to be the woman.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #5427
seventyfive

...or if you are garrett. garrett knows exactly what it is like to be the pretty girl at camp.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #5428
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I'll take the bet if he runs. If he bitches out then I'll just get you some shitty 2020 election t-shirt as a token consolation prize. As much as many may not like it, I think he'll get 2 terms and the GOP will not lose control after 2018.
Hmmm, we may have to parse this out.

I bet the margin in the House will be lower, but gerrymandering and painting it red worked well-that won't change till after 2020 census redraws districts.

Senate will be Dem.

I look forward to my t-shirt!
1920SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #5429
ukoffroad

I still say Trump bails before the end of the first term when he cannot get what he wants.

1967 IIa.
ukoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #5430
seventyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
I still say Trump bails before the end of the first term when he cannot get what he wants.

why?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #5431
aliastel

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
It's more likely that he just doesn't run for reelection, especially if he loses control of Congress. He'll use the excuse that it's a waste of time.

1987 Range Rover Classic (Stock Daily Driver)
1995 Range Rover Classic (Under full restoration)
aliastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #5432
SGaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkytoe69 View Post
I'm not victim blaming.

And yes, the kissing shit is sleazy and gross. I'm just talking about the photo.
Yeah. There's a difference between an asshole, a creep and a predator.

Asshole: taking a picture when someone's asleep making like you're grabbing their boobs (when wearing body armor? How exactly is that assault?)

Creep: trying to pick up teens when you are 32.

Predator: preying on women who want what you are offering (movie parts), raping them on occasion, hiring lawyers\investigators to go after them if they talk; having harassment penalty clauses in your employment contract.

Franken moves into creep territory of this shows to be a pattern vs a one-off occurrence, IMO.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Fitness to lead. This is what you wanted. Now you have it.
Govern.
SGaynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #5433
1920SF

Member Trucks

Given that Franken came out and immediately apologized (which is different than denying everything and having folks smear the accusers) & then welcomed the ethics committee investigation one could almost posit this was contrived.

Meaning having a Dem Sen stand accused of what Moore (and the residual POTUS accusations) are but actually stand up and take responsibility both in terms of acknowledging, apologizing (which was then accepted) and affording the ethics folks the chance to investigated it. What a great companion to the deny/deflect/denigrate campaigns.

*Edit: actually it is tough to make them equivalent thus far, unless a lot more women come out-but in the media it plays much the same regardless of scope/scale.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #5434
brian4d

Quote:
Given that Franken came out and immediately apologized (which is different than denying everything and having folks smear the accusers) & then welcomed the ethics committee investigation one could almost posit this was contrived.

Franjen is a creep. He had some choice words about raping a woman from a joke he wrote around the same time. Rape is NOT a joke Al.

Contrived? Don't think so Ray. Al said he couldn't remember this kiss. So he's fence sitting. Relishing in the good deeds of apologizing while skirting the bigger issue, the forced kiss. His apology was awful and CNN agrees. He should step down. So should Moore but I wish there was a least a hail marry the Republicans could play.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politi...ogy/index.html
brian4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #5435
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Franjen is a creep. He had some choice words about raping a woman from a joke he wrote around the same time. Rape is NOT a joke Al.

Contrived, don't think so Ray. Al said he couldn't remember this kiss. So he's fence sitting. Relishing in the good deeds of apologizing while skirting the bigger issue, the forced kiss. His apology was awful and CNN agrees. He should step down. So should Moore but I wish there was a least a hail marry the Republicans could play.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politi...ogy/index.html
So you know I don't bother with conspiracy theories and such, but since you like to talk strategic, while lacking both understanding and definition, follow this:

Franken apologizes, it is met with your reaction. Senate ethics committee investigates, he either steps down or is removed.

Minnesota has to what? Appoint another senator.

A Democrat Governor appoints a Democratic Senator (a woman perhaps?) and then sets in motion what AL has going on now...a special election.

In a state that voted for HRC.

So it creates some churn, but in the grand scheme its a sacrificial lamb to be a counterpoise to the child molesting/pussy grabbing right.

Now that would require strategic thought on the part of the Dems to set in motion, but what part about the above is unlikely or not feasible point by point?
r-
Ray
Old 11-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #5436
brian4d

It's not strategic, it's simply the right thing to do. Yes, it's highly likely another Democrat will be put in office, but, you're so ingrained with DC you can't get your mind off strategy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on these topics Ray. Know that you're engulfed inside the beltway with with traffic and status quo thinkers while the rest of America must live with the decisions our politicians make and abide by the laws our politicians set, crazy I know.

The physiological mindset is different because you live and breath Washington DC every single day. It's even more telling that you can't even acknowledge the existence of such phenomenon. If you only have one take away from any of our conversations let it be this.

Quote:
but since you like to talk strategic, while lacking both understanding and definition, follow this:
Just because you can be an asshole on the internet, doesn't make you right. You're not doing yourself any favors belittling others based on factors such as education, career and experience. In all honesty, it comes off as silly and pompous.

Now, can we all just agree these creeps should move on out of the way? Especially Al Groper.

Last edited by brian4d; 11-17-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #5437
SGaynor

Quote:
His apology was awful and CNN agrees. He should step down.
Well, since the only person that matters if the the apology is good/bad, has accepted it, I'd say that it wasn't awful.

Of course there will always be people who think that a person making a joke about a pube being on a coke can is the same as someone who is a serial rapist.

If Al just made a stupid mistake, and owned up to it, and this isn't a pattern? Then he'll stay. If more women come out? He's gone.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Quote:
Govern.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #5438
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Well, since the only person that matters if the the apology is good/bad, has accepted it, I'd say that it wasn't awful.

Of course there will always be people who think that a person making a joke about a pube being on a coke can is the same as someone who is a serial rapist.

If Al just made a stupid mistake, and owned up to it, and this isn't a pattern? Then he'll stay. If more women come out? He's gone.
Scott,

Watch this and then tell me if this is still a stupid mistake.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #5439
SGaynor

Quote:
Scott,

Watch this and then tell me if this is still a stupid mistake.

People get torqued up over a lot of things (Brian: Look in mirror)
If this is the only instance that he fucked up...

Unless we all go on a witch hunt and if any guy, at any time, made someone uncomfortable - your fired.

People make mistakes. If they own up to them, and don't repeat them, we should let things go.

"Once is chance. Twice is serendipity. Three times is a trend."

NB: I'm not minimizing what happened, nor excusing it. Like I said above, there's a difference between an asshole and a predator.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Quote:
Govern.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #5440
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post

People make mistakes. If they own up to them, and don't repeat them, we should let things go.

"Once is chance. Twice is serendipity. Three times is a trend."
So cheaters, gropers and just being dirtbags are many times are repeat offenders, at least from my personal experience. I also think I read that once in Encyclopedia Britannica.

Last edited by brian4d; 11-17-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #5441
mgreenspan

Member Trucks

Yeah... there are mistakes and there are crimes. http://www.wtsp.com/news/graphic-obs...n-co/492521457 This is an example of a monumental mistake.

You can't commit a crime and apologize and expect to carry on like it's another average Tuesday. You can have your opinions on whatever you think is acceptable to you, but realize that your opinion doesn't matter in the end. There are legal definitions and professionals who are highly trained in the field that determine what is and isn't.

What's your threshold for forgiveness, Scott? How many one-and-dones? One murder ok? Or you get one homocide, but no murder? One sexual assault, but no rape? One underage encounter, but never less than 15 years old? Oh, maybe one unexpected forceful tongue in the mouth, but only during a comedy sketch practice.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #5442
SGaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
What's your threshold for forgiveness, Scott?
What he did doesn't rise to the level of booting him from the Senate IMO. That's the choice of the people of MN to decide.

If it's a pattern, ie, more come out, then that would likely rise to the level of expulsion.

To act like what Fraken did is equivocal to Moore, or even Hastert before them, is just trying to get someone else on the other team. #whataboutism

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Quote:
Govern.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #5443
mgreenspan

Member Trucks

Who said it was as bad as Moore?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #5444
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
It's not strategic, it's simply the right thing to do. Yes, it's highly likely another Democrat will be put in office, but, you're so ingrained with DC you can't get your mind off strategy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on these topics Ray. Know that you're engulfed inside the beltway with with traffic and status quo thinkers while the rest of America must live with the decisions our politicians make and abide by the laws our politicians set, crazy I know.

The physiological mindset is different because you live and breath Washington DC every single day. It's even more telling that you can't even acknowledge the existence of such phenomenon. If you only have one take away from any of our conversations let it be this.
Let the butthurt flow through you precious snowflake. Didn't realize it would strike such a nerve, but it is good to see you so animated.

You do realize I've lived in a lot of places, I just happen to live in DC now. In fact I have inargueably lived in a lot more diverse locations than you have-unless I'm missing something from your half truths.

I know that's hard for you to fathom with your wide breadth of worldly experience.

Quote:
Just because you can be an asshole on the internet, doesn't make you right. You're not doing yourself any favors belittling others based on factors such as education, career and experience. In all honesty, it comes off as silly and pompous.

Now, can we all just agree these creeps should move on out of the way? Especially Al Groper.
I thought you were secure in your education, career and experience-what happened?
You talk as though you know so much and are so secure and then react like this?

If you mean what you say about creeps, explain your vote (and continued blind support) for someone that fits that definition to a tee.

Or is that somehow different and not just hypocrisy.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #5445
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
So cheaters, gropers and just being dirtbags are many times are repeat offenders, at least from my personal experience. I also think I read that once in Encyclopedia Britannica.
Oh the irony.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #5446
brian4d

Quote:
Let the butthurt flow through you precious snowflake. Didn't realize it would strike such a nerve, but it is good to see you so animated.

You do realize I've lived in a lot of places, I just happen to live in DC now. In fact I have inargueably lived in a lot more diverse locations than you have-unless I'm missing something from your half truths.

I know that's hard for you to fathom with your wide breadth of worldly experience.

I thought you were secure in your education, career and experience-what happened?
You talk as though you know so much and are so secure and then react like this?

If you mean what you say about creeps, explain your vote (and continued blind support) for someone that fits that definition to a tee.

Or is that somehow different and not just hypocrisy.
I've said what needed to be said. I halfway expected a different more adult reaction, however, I get the one and only insult you have, snowflake. Best of luck in DC Ray, may help to get out of town into middle America every once in a while. Talk with the other voting Americans.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #5447
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
I've said what needed to be said. I halfway expected a different more adult reaction, however, I get the one and only insult you have, snowflake. Best of luck in DC Ray, may help to get out of town into middle America every once in a while. Talk with the other voting Americans.
I don't think that was all that insulting; I haven't levied all that many insults at you (certainly no more than your insinuations back at me and overt commentary). There's always room for escalation I guess, but then people would take this personally.

Open offer to come to DC still stands; I go to middle America-but you don't seem to actually come here.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #5448
brian4d

Quote:
Open offer to come to DC still stands; I go to middle America-but you don't seem to actually come here.
No thanks, even though my sandwich was good at Open City the other day. And Filomena is good, but I've had better... You see Ray, for some reason you want to prove something to me, Masters and all. While I appreciate a good education and worldly travel, that's hardly what makes the distinguishing characteristics of a person.

Get out Ray, while you still can.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:47 AM   #5449
JohnB

With the moral standards of the right as who elected a sick fucker I want Frankin as president. If the right can do it so can we.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #5450
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
No thanks, even though my sandwich was good at Open City the other day. And Filomena is good, but I've had better... You see Ray, for some reason you want to prove something to me, Masters and all. While I appreciate a good education and worldly travel, that's hardly what makes the distinguishing characteristics of a person.

Get out Ray, while you still can.
Brian, I appreciate you think I want to prove something to you.
Recognize I don't really think of you at all beyond illustration of things that are concerning to me.

From what I've read from you, I'm not sure I am interested in the distinguishing characteristics you find value in.