1994 D1 Project

Contractor

Mar 27, 2015
The South
I got the bumper and winch mounted this afternoon. The radio antenna mount is preventing the hood from closing all the way, so I will need to do a little trimming there. I wish I would of realized that before I powder coated, but I should be able to touch up the paint ok.

Also, what has anyone done with the side lights that I removed? I have the wiring harness and bulb, but obviously have nothing to attach them to. Just roll them up and leave them?

I really need to order the sheet metal for the load space in order to get this project going. I have not done that yet because of a bunch of other stuff going on, but will hopefully do so in the next week or so.

My seats should be ready at the
tHFjfXM.jpg
end of this week.

cnttHWt.jpg

tHFjfXM.jpg

CGUPlHc.jpg

1n6XV04.jpg

Contractor

Mar 27, 2015
The South
It is a classic bumper, yes.

The only other conflict I had was the AC line barely hit the top of a weld where it mounts to the frame.

I don't know what the hell those plates are for, they never really bothered me before, but man they are pretty ugly. I might take them off, but they are going to probably screw my paint up.

rover rob

Mar 29, 2016
upstate NY
I got the bumper and winch mounted this afternoon. The radio antenna mount is preventing the hood from closing all the way, so I will need to do a little trimming there. I wish I would of realized that before I powder coated, but I should be able to touch up the paint ok.

Also, what has anyone done with the side lights that I removed? I have the wiring harness and bulb, but obviously have nothing to attach them to. Just roll them up and leave them?

I really need to order the sheet metal for the load space in order to get this project going. I have not done that yet because of a bunch of other stuff going on, but will hopefully do so in the next week or so.

My seats should be ready at the
tHFjfXM.jpg
end of this week.

cnttHWt.jpg

tHFjfXM.jpg

CGUPlHc.jpg

1n6XV04.jpg
if you get p38 pig tails for the front lights they are dual filament bulb holders that fit perfect in the d1 tun indicators just wire in the bumper bulbs and you have running lights and blinkers both in the front.

Contractor

Mar 27, 2015
The South
if you get p38 pig tails for the front lights they are dual filament bulb holders that fit perfect in the d1 tun indicators just wire in the bumper bulbs and you have running lights and blinkers both in the front.

Ahh, ok....I'll look for that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I picked up my front seats today. Obviously I have deviated some from the original color scheme, but I like it. Once I get the thing back together I am going to redo the rear seat, carpet and some other parts.

1BB0k8h.jpg

WSxCBzF.jpg

5LHwrLy.jpg

Icannap1

Mar 3, 2015
OC, CA
The Seats came out nice but it looks like you have two driver side seats the passenger seat would have the lumbar adjustment on the left side. Great work on the sheet metal repair.

Jimmy

Apr 10, 2006
Aurora, CO
While that cargo space floor is still out, check over all the soft lines for the fuel tank. It'll be easier to get at them now (if any need to be replaced) than later when the tank would have to be dropped to access.

Keep up the good work!

Contractor

Mar 27, 2015
The South
Thanks guys.

I never even noticed the two drivers seats, too late now!

I’ll definitely need to check the lines, I now have to source a new AC line because I cut right through one with my grinder, it scared the shit out of me......took me a second to realize what I’d done. Thank goodness I am doing the headliner anyway because I have a major mess!!

XCELLER8

Sep 21, 2009
nice work !! keep those pics coming, you are inspiring me to tackle my '95......the rear end looks worse than what you already ripped out....lol