A-Pillar mounted Light Bar?

Vegas99D1

May 5, 2009
Plano, TX
Has anyone mounted a light bar to their A-Pillars?

I found this Craigslist Ad:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/5989175287.html

I texted the owner and he was nice enough to answer my questions about it even though I was not interested in buying the truck.

He said he used the light bar mounts for a Jeep XJ Cherokee & Comanche Windshield Mounting Brackets for 50" LED Light Bar. Also, he used a 54" curved light bar.

Check out the Craigslist ad above to see the pics.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
That's a great looking truck, other than the minor body damage. Good price for it, too, assuming rust is not an issue (wishful thinking?).

A neighbor of mine has A-pillar mounted LED light bar on his Wrangler. The brackets look like they might have been a factory option, but obviously his is straight across given the shape of the windscreen.

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
teeth-grill-bling-picture-id157198835

Hubacek

Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
Has anyone mounted a light bar to their A-Pillars?

I found this Craigslist Ad:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/5989175287.html

I texted the owner and he was nice enough to answer my questions about it even though I was not interested in buying the truck.

He said he used the light bar mounts for a Jeep XJ Cherokee & Comanche Windshield Mounting Brackets for 50" LED Light Bar. Also, he used a 54" curved light bar.

Check out the Craigslist ad above to see the pics.

How long was the ad on this truck posted? It's already deleted; how fast did he sell this thing? Wish I could have seen the pics so I can know where mine needs to be

MM3846

Feb 18, 2014
LI, NY
I made a mount out of some angle iron. It isn't the prettiest but you couldn't even see it after you mounted the light bar.

vOTLg71.png

INjfCLk.png

Vegas99D1

May 5, 2009
Plano, TX
MM - what size light bar is that? Also, do you have any pics of how the light disperses from inside the truck?

MM3846

Feb 18, 2014
LI, NY
MM - what size light bar is that? Also, do you have any pics of how the light disperses from inside the truck?

42" from olympus off road. got it a few years ago before $99 eBay ones were a thing.

this is the best sort of pic I have... when it was on my Jeep.

ZjjHhAF.jpg

MM3846

Feb 18, 2014
LI, NY
MM - Do you get a lot of glare off the hood when you turn on the lights?

Not really. It was far enough back on the roof. The glare off of road signs is worse than any hood glare.

This is the best place to mount a light bar.

Unless you live where there is no light, and I mean NO light, these huge ones are pretty much useless. When I drove cross country there were a few time where using it would have been nice, but upgraded headlights and a pair of 100W Hellas on the roof were just as good. Not like I could out drive them in an old Jeep, and I think those Hellas had a farther throw. LEDs are nice because of the low power consumption and they just DUMP light, if that's what you want.

A 24" high quality, aim-able bar on the bumper is a much better option than a huge cheap one on the roof. Even then, the first thing that should be done is upgrade your car's stock headlights. And after that, a set of GOOD amber fog beams. Then maybe think about aux driving lights.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Unless you live where there is no light, and I mean NO light, these huge ones are pretty much useless. When I drove cross country there were a few time where using it would have been nice, but upgraded headlights and a pair of 100W Hellas on the roof were just as good. Not like I could out drive them in an old Jeep, and I think those Hellas had a farther throw. LEDs are nice because of the low power consumption and they just DUMP light, if that's what you want.

A 24" high quality, aim-able bar on the bumper is a much better option than a huge cheap one on the roof. Even then, the first thing that should be done is upgrade your car's stock headlights. And after that, a set of GOOD amber fog beams. Then maybe think about aux driving lights.

My issue with light bars is that they look ridiculous. I won't argue that they put out a shit ton of light. I'd much rather have a pair or two of Hella Rallye 4000's, which would be more than adequate.

MM3846

Feb 18, 2014
LI, NY
My issue with light bars is that they look ridiculous. I won't argue that they put out a shit ton of light. I'd much rather have a pair or two of Hella Rallye 4000's, which would be more than adequate.

They can. But so can regular lights if you mount them like an asshole.