Cruise Control ECU

RoyLuke

Apr 18, 2007
Hi Folks;
I am rededicated to sorting out the cruise control problem.
Checked the VAC pump, inspected hoses, R&R the switch on the steering wheel.
Now I am going to look into the ECU.
It is supposed to be behind the glove box or behind the Pax facia.
Where is it and what does it look like?

X8b3T+O8lZyoUScliiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==
WkP7EzTyOFAAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
Check the projects and tech section assuming you have a DI. It's in the glove box and a little bit of a PITA due to the tight space. I wished I would have done the DII/P38 cc ecu swap years ago. It has worked well for me except I notice I have to set it about at about 5 mph higher than I want it set and sometimes will creep back up to where I originally set it.

Last edited:

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
D1? The controller is behind the glove box just to the left of the ECU and about the size of a pack of cigarettes. It's also black. It's connector is kinda oval shaped. These do go bad but the vacuum switch at the brake pedal is also suspect. I found that lifting and holding on the brake pedal would allow the CC to work but it would fail when I let the pedal go. I have a D2 module fitted with the D1 connector and it works fine. I'll let it go for $50 shipped.

RoyLuke

Apr 18, 2007
I removed the brake switch, plugged the hose, and jumped the switch wires. Still negative function so I am thinking it is not the Switch (I wish it was).

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
Did you install LED brake lights? if so, that is your problem for the CC not working. Not enough resistance to keep the CC circuit engaged.