Arnott airbags

C

ColoradoDoug

Does anyone have a discount code for Arnott Industries? I am about to order airbags from them.

DiscoIIDenver

Apr 15, 2006
Denver
I don't know of any discount code, but they are sale now directly on their web site for $129.
http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LAND_ROVER_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid4_pid48_gid159.html

Even Better, what I did is ordered them from roverconnection.com, he has them on sale for $115 and it is quick shipping to CO from Utah.
There is no direct link to the air spring page but go to http://www.roverconnection.com/
on the left side click on Discovery II under Parts and you will see the pic of the air spring.
RKB101200A Air Spring, aftermarket $179 each (shown) ON SALE $115 Limited Time Offer

C

ColoradoDoug

I saw nothing on their warranty. What kind of warranty did Roverconnection have on their airbags? Any problems with them?

DiscoIIDenver

Apr 15, 2006
Denver
Those are exactly the same thing from roverconnection, he sells the Arnott airsprings, just cheaper than buying from Arnott directly. They have the exact same lifetime warranty also.
It is easiest and faster to call roverconnection, there is no shopping cart on the web side, just an order form.
I replaced the original LR springs with the Arnott in June and have been happy so far. If you haven't done it before check out the Tech section on discoweb under the title - 'Disco 2 SLS to Coils' it has good info on removing the old air springs, once you do that then putting on the new springs is easy.

Lake_Bueller

Aug 11, 2004
Beloit, WI
I know this is an old thread. But I thought I'd pass along my recent experience with Arnott replacement bags.

I decided to replace both of the rear bags in my G4 this summer due to slow leaks in both. I used the Arnott A2202 bags.

Yesterday I had a catastrophic failure in the passenger side bag. The metal ring securing the bag to the top mount separated. It sounded like a explosion when it blew out. Lucky for me, I was in town and only about 10 miles from home. It could have been much worse.

Any other people have issues with the Arnott bags?

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Yes, they are garbage. I don't have much experience with their Discovery bags, but the ones for the L322 Range Rover are junk. I've installed hundreds of them.

no-pistons

Jan 11, 2007
San Diego, CA
I've been using the older Arnott front struts with Bilstein shocks on my LR3 for approx. 50K miles now. No issues and been working great.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
For what it's worth, I've used Arnott replacement airsprings on Audi vehicles in the past with great success... Although to be fair, they didn't see much off-road use or abuse.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
I know this is an old thread. But I thought I'd pass along my recent experience with Arnott replacement bags.

I decided to replace both of the rear bags in my G4 this summer due to slow leaks in both. I used the Arnott A2202 bags.

Yesterday I had a catastrophic failure in the passenger side bag. The metal ring securing the bag to the top mount separated. It sounded like a explosion when it blew out. Lucky for me, I was in town and only about 10 miles from home. It could have been much worse.

Were you using them at stock ride height?

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California

This happened to my 01 D2 I used to have about 60 miles north of I-80 in Nevada. Ring blew off (factory air bags). We couldn't get it on and made one out of 4 hose clamps. It held for the rest of the trip (another 120 miles off road) and back form Alturas to the Bay Area then I drove it a few more weeks until I got OME springs on. My current 99 Range Rover has all OME springs on it. Rover can stuff the airbags for off road use.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Have about 50K on an arnott bag on the rear of my d2.
Went super cheap on the other side and it got a leak in 12 months of use. Ebay seller replaces it but sure it will leak. Have never had a clamp blow out with my D2 always just a leak.

Lake_Bueller

Aug 11, 2004
Beloit, WI
Were you using them at stock ride height?

Nope. I have the sensors adjusted to run the equivalent of a 2" lift.

Almost 100k miles on the stock air shocks. Only issue was the slow leak in the cold months. I replaced them with the Arnott to hopefully alleviate that problem for a few years.

luckyjoe

Oct 10, 2004
New Jersey USA
For the L322, I recommend replacing the bag on the original damper using a Genuine repair kit. It is cheaper than an Arnott replacement strut assembly.

Any idea who makes the damper in the genuine repair kit?

For my RRC, I only buy genuine Dunlop replacement bladders (from the UK). A world of difference form the no-names...

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Any idea who makes the damper in the genuine repair kit?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The repair kit I am talking about is just a replacement spring. You put a new bag on the old damper. The only dampers I have seen go bad are Arnott and they just make a lot of noise. Even then, that is rare. I would feel totally comfortable with a high mileage damper on a Range Rover. Range Rover Sport on the other hand...

luckyjoe

Oct 10, 2004
New Jersey USA
Sorry, I meant the rubber air bladder. Is that what you mean by replacement spring, and if so is it marked with the manufacturer’s name?