swapping XYZ switch

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
I kept getting the M+S flashing, even with a new battery so I started the swap. How in the world do you reach the connector to unplug it? I am not excited about the idea of pulling the rear mounts and dropping it down based on the rate at which other things have busted/broken on this truck. Anyone figured out a trick? dropping the exhaust is not quite enough room. I am tempted to cut a flap in the tunnel and go in from the inside because I am lazy and janky like that.

Apr 20, 2004
Floyd, Virginia
You should be able to get the connector off the tab its mounted to and then it drops down to make removing it easier. I cant stand those clip on mounts they used.... they did it on so many things on the vehicle... A skinny flat head screw driver may be needed to help it off the mount.

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
Thanks Will, I was trying that with no luck. I will give it another go. I need to teach my tiny 8 year old to work on these, her hands fit anywhere.

mlnnc

Mar 23, 2008
Charlotte
For most connectors it seems to me you squeeze on the plastic tab on the connector to release it from its mounting, but in some cases you need to go the other way, that is, lift the tab to release. I discovered this several weeks ago when trying to release the transfer case interlock solenoid connector from its mount. I wasted way too much time trying to slide it off while pressing the plastic tab, and then it came right off when I instead lifted the tab.

And yes, as Will says it's much easier to disconnect the XYZ connector if you first release it from its mount. Good luck.