Climate Control Unit Bulb (D1)

xalty

Oct 28, 2018
Illinois
(95 RRC LWB, but I figured posting it here would be better since the panel itself is a D1 part)

My climate controls no longer illumitate. I've replaced it with a spare 1.2w bulb from the instrument cluster but it still doesn't seem to light up. Clock, window, instrument cluster, transmission selector etc lights work just fine.

Is there any fuse or relay that runs that particular light on the D1?

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
starting on page 267 of the 95 RRC ETM (link to which can be found in my sig) there is an in-line 10A fuse that may touch the "Ventilation Control Panel Illumination" (on page 268). That in-line fuse is down by the blower above the passenger footwell (pic on page 647).

I'm not 100%, but it is worth a shot since losing power from other fuses which play a role in that system would effect much more than the climate control illumination.

You can also search for component "P138" or connector "C2071" in the manual (use CTRL+F to find specific text).

xalty

Oct 28, 2018
Illinois
starting on page 267 of the 95 RRC ETM (link to which can be found in my sig) there is an in-line 10A fuse that may touch the "Ventilation Control Panel Illumination" (on page 268). That in-line fuse is down by the blower above the passenger footwell (pic on page 647).

I'm not 100%, but it is worth a shot since losing power from other fuses which play a role in that system would effect much more than the climate control illumination.

You can also search for component "P138" or connector "C2071" in the manual (use CTRL+F to find specific text).
Thanks, I also had checked the ETM but was confused as to why my recirc and AC seem to work just fine (and also illuminate). Is the inline fuse just a holder for a normal 10A or one of the circular styles?

I'm going to swap the bulb out with a known working one from the hazard switch and report back.

xalty

Oct 28, 2018
Illinois
Problem solved.

Turns out 3 of my spares were burned out and the other had the pins bent out of shape...

best4x4

Mar 1, 2015
Beaumont, TX
I used a spare 5K LED bulb I had laying around from a Jeep I had years ago (instrument cluster bulb) and found it was the same size as the HVAC bulb in a D1, slapped it, and it worked excellent. Cost like 3.00 from vleds if I’m not mistaken.