Hoses still very hot, 4 hours after shut down.

Liam1234

Oct 29, 2004
Massachusetts
Its about 2:00AM and I was up doing some reports for work. I went to get a gallon of milk out side in the garage (another refrigerator) and could feel some residual heat from the Discovery as I walked in front of it. Weird,? since I pulled it into the garage at around 10PM.
The radiator hoses are still hot to touch. I can leave my hand on them but still hot. I have a point and shoot infrared temp. gauge and it was reading 118 at the radiator hoses and the same 118 F when pointed at the resorvoir liquid. The glycol is clean, pinkish color.

I did not notice the temp. gauge in car reading anthing other than normal. Its been very hot (90's) in New england, but this eve when driving it was cool as I had all windows down and breeze flowing. SO I think the hot weather issue is not a factor.

I fear the worst.

Coincindentally I called to bring in for 30K oil change yesterday and they can not take me until Aug. 22nd! WTF

By the way its a 2003 with 30,123 miles on it. and if anyone asks I'm NOT going by the LR recommendatiosn in regards to oil change interval. I'm doing around every 3-4K.

I hope I'm being paranoid but fear I'm not.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
B

barefoot

i dont know, i know my d1 stays hot for a couple of hrs...but never really paid any attention.

WillTN

Oct 14, 2004
Franklin, TN
www.tnrovers.com
If the truck was not running hot or anything don't worry about it. Rovers tend to retain a lot of heat under the hood. I guess the ventilation is not the best.
I know my trucks stay warm for a few hours in the summer.

Liam1234

Oct 29, 2004
Massachusetts
THanks but..

THanks for the offer Chris! I'll let you know. :0)
Like I said I have 30K mile son it, they needed two weeks for an oil change appointment, yet they tried telling my I need the 37500 mile service at the same time.

My response was I 'll bring it in when I have 37500 miles on the odometer, lets take care of the 30K oil change first.

They are probably bummed that the 30K service is free and wanted to see if I woulf bite for the 37500 serivce.

Liam

Oct 27, 2004
New England..... You know. ;)

"Muffy, I left the Rover at the Summer House." :D :D :D

Attachments

• Muffy.jpg
    Muffy.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
K

KOHIBA

WillTn is right about heat.

Mine are black and garaged and they both are HOT for several hours after.

I have also noticed the disco's upper is really hot vs the lower hose.

my two cents worth.

96discoI

Feb 16, 2008
NorCal
It's probably the aluminum block slowly bleeding the heat out through the cast iron exhaust manifold. This is also turning your manifold bolts counterclockwise until it warps the manifolds and causes you to turn your radio up louder to deal with the noise... I wouldn't worry, my discoI stays hot too. I like it because it keeps my coolant warm so my heat works faster. Man, i miss my garage...

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Is this the new leader in zombiethreadland?

In other '05 news, whatcha think about that Obama feller up in Illinois?