Introducing the Projects and Tech Guides forum

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
DWeb,

As most of y'all know, our tech section is getting long in the tooth. This new forum is it's replacement: a place for us to post technical HOWTOs and project write-ups. Unlike the old section, you won't have to email an admin to get your stuff posted; you'll be able to add and edit on your own, including photos.

All kinds of technical write-ups are welcome, so long as they're good. Examples of good write-ups could be anything from performing a basic oil change to a full Disco 1 frame swap.

There are two types of posts that are not welcome in this forum:

- Low-quality hacks. No write-ups on Sawzall'ing a D2 roof or low-quality bumper builds. Muddy Oval has cornered the market on this shit, anyway.

- Start-to-finish truck build write-ups. We now have the Member Trucks section for that. However, if you want to do write-ups for individual projects (e.g. "installing OME springs and shocks"), that's fine.

This forum is curated by DiscoWeb members, who are free to comment on threads. If you think something here is of exceptionally poor quality, you can report the post.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2010
your moms bed
Great idea. These kind of posts can be invaluable. Especially when your elbow deep in some bullshit and in a little over your head. That being said, as a barely functioning mentally handicapped person, any chance you can revamp the picture posting process? I've done some things to the d2 and lr3 that were picture worthy. Also as much as I dislike d90 the registry thing is pretty cool. Just my retarded 3 cent.

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
Do a writeup on converting your RRC. And another one on your wife fixing your brakes.

Ha-- you've been married a few years now, right? :D

You know how the wife can be when you tell her you need her to venture into the garage and "just hold something" for a minute?
It doesnt always end well.

The brake caliper was a good day-she actually wanted to know what they do; how they work, etc.
I got more help than I bargained for that day.

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
Ha-- you've been married a few years now, right? :D

You know how the wife can be when you tell her you need her to venture into the garage and "just hold something" for a minute?

Yeah. She's a great helper. I just only ever ask her to hold stuff on the interior while I tighten stuff from the outside because otherwise she gets dirty and angry. My daughter will be helpful one day. I usually just get tea or coffee while I'm working on the truck and a question about how long whatever I'm doing will take... I seldom know the answer to that.