Pelican 1660

salvvia

May 28, 2005
BIG WHEEL ROVN IN KNOXVEGAS TN.
Pelican 1660 fresh in from IRAQ. Not perfect missing 1 of the small metal tabs that cover the lock holes. Good seal and vent and latches weathered but a good case for off road necessities 195.00 no shipping but will meet with in reason for a 6 pack of Majic Hat #9
Let me know if you need it im in knoxville

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
FYI if you contact Pelican they will either get you the replacement part or send you a new case. They are great with warranty.

Sometimes a little too good. I had a case a couple years ago that needed some new latch parts. I called them up, asked for the part, and they wanted the whole case back. I told them I just wanted the part, would pay for it, and would fix it myself. Fast forward and I ended up with an entire new case. I was happy with what I had originally but the replacement case has been fine. This was for a smaller, laptop sized case so I don't know if Pelican's keenness to send me a new model would have been the same if it was a 1650 or something in that size range.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I got a used old style 1650 from a friend that had like 20 shipping labels on it. The handle was cracked and bolt for one of the wheels was broken. They no longer make the parts for that style, so they had me drill four holes in the case and they sent me a brand new 1650. I just had to pay the shipping, but I received the replacement before I even sent the check.

HiSPL

Aug 28, 2016
College Station , TX
Rather than shipping the old damaged case back to Pelican, they had me drill four holes in specific locations to "destroy" it.

Specifically, it prevents you from selling it on craigslist and the next guy calls pelican, goes through the same process, gets new case on warranty, sells broken case on craigslist, etc, etc.

Destroying it means they don't have to support an old SKU at best, or giving away free cases at worst.