Help ID wires

adamsoccer

May 21, 2006
Tallahassee/Gainesville, FL
Hi,

The attached photos are a 1998 NAS P38 GEMS. The coolant expansion tank is located in the back left corner of the engine bay when looking at the vehicle from the front.

A large wrapped wiring loom runs under the coolant tank and through the firewall.

There is a small set of 4-5 wires which come out of the main loom just before the firewall and run down through a separate rubber grommet into the top of the wheel well.

I've noticed about 3 of the wires on my 98 are broken. The wires run down into the top of the wheel well but I'm unable to see where they go due to the splash guard and have been unable to locate them on the wiring diagram.

I have circled them in red if anyone has an idea what they run to?

Thanks

mearstrae

Mar 15, 2017
Pennsylvania
I can't say for sure, but possibly the side marker light, and/or other things in that area. Pull the splash guard and take a look, you'll have to remove it sooner or later.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Sorry I can't help you on the identification, however, what I can suggest to you is to purchase the workshop manual for the Rover. Or download the manual. Either way you'll need it down the road anyhow.

adamsoccer

May 21, 2006
Tallahassee/Gainesville, FL
Pulled the fender liner and soldered the wires, they go to the side fender marker light and the front passenger side height sensor. (fixed an EAS fault but reconnecting the wires)

Additionally, if anyone is fighting with the P38 EKA procedure, disconnecting the positive and negative battery terminals and reconnecting them with the ignition key in position II worked to re-set the immobilizer. (much easier and the EKA procedure)