Service Engine light-how to shut off?

B

brider

The Service Engine light in my '93 LWB came on, and from what I can gather, it's just a timing/mileage reminder in the emissions system of some sort. How do I shut it off???

Eah

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
I can't rember what the mileage is that sets them off, but I think is 55K and 110K. Small black box under rear of passenger seat with a land rover foil sticker on it. There my be a hole in it already. Stick the single end of a paperclip in there and contact the two points. that is it.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Thread revival: can someone please post a picture of this module and where it's located in their truck? My passenger seat is stuck in position at the back of the rails (faulty switch) and I'm having difficulty removing seat base trim as a result. I'd appreciate a visual so I know what I'm going after.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
It's brown, about twice as tall as a regular relay, and you jam a paper clip in it to reset it. On a 14cux D1 it's under the passenger seat. On the passenger kick panel on a gems truck. No idea on a Range Rover

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Thanks, Kevin, that helps. Most likely going to need to remove the seat to access that module. Also a good reminder: I need to download RAVE for my new project.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Yes, I've been a member there since 2007. Functionally I think Dweb is a better site (user interface, no ads) but no doubt there is some useful info over there.

CORover

Jun 11, 2007
Colorado, USA
Yes, I've been a member there since 2007. Functionally I think Dweb is a better site (user interface, no ads) but no doubt there is some useful info over there.

No ads and no moderators are both good here. I usually look at the sticky posts at the top of each section or the main site info to get what I need.