What size off road tire on LR3 with lift

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
So I blew an airbag out and decided to get the coil over conversion with lift from British Atlantic. The lift went in no problem and only took me a couple hours. The plug and play flash device didn't work and they quickly had a new one in the mail for me. Question now is (because I need new tires) what size off road tires can I get without rubbing? The lift is I believe 2.5 inches, it's almost the same as the off road air lift setting. I don't need nothing too crazy but definitely something I can go Offroad. Any particular brand or version or size this thread can produce will help narrow the hundreds of choices out there. Links with pics will help. Mahalo from Hawaii!

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
I just put on 275/65/18 KO2's, very happy with those. They are ~32" Previously had 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers which were ok as far as tires go. They were 31.5" but wider than the KO2's. (All w/the same coil conversion you just did, no rubbing issues.)
R-
Ray

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Don't forget to realign the suspension. If you're really in Hawaii, you aren't likely to wear tires way too soon, but you will sooner than you expect without alignment.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Don't forget to realign the suspension. If you're really in Hawaii, you aren't likely to wear tires way too soon, but you will sooner than you expect without alignment.
This is very good advice, I'd neglected an alignment for awhile and my Nitto's suffered greatly (particularly inboard on the back) because of it. After swapping on the KO2's I did an alignment pretty much immediately.

I can't speak to procomp tires, would just note that like most modern Rovers, you are going to want an E range tire given weight.
r-
Ray

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Thanks much gents. Much appreciated. It's a mostly road car but when I do take it off road it's sharp rocks and coral... kaena point treks.

jwest

May 28, 2006
WA & NC
Definitely E load and having used the Duratrac after an 80,000 mile run on BFG AT KO (1), I took them back and went again with the KO2 which are a better built tire, especially the sidewalls. 275/65-18