Uwharrie Safari 2017 April 6th-9th

JackW

Mar 17, 2005
It was really neat how many modified LR3/4s were at Uwharrie this year. I think they outnumbered the D2's by a significant margin. I didn't get an exact count but I think there were over 20 LRs there.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Very fun weekend - camping was tight but the trails were great.

Glad we were able to get a campsite next to you guys. The USFS designating the grasses area no camping really sucks. Think people have been parking and camping there since I started coming to Uwharrie. That along with their pestering on Saturday night makes me wonder if they shouldn't start looking for other group campsites for future events

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Glad we were able to get a campsite next to you guys. The USFS designating the grasses area no camping really sucks. Think people have been parking and camping there since I started coming to Uwharrie. That along with their pestering on Saturday night makes me wonder if they shouldn't start looking for other group campsites for future events

Before this event was even over we already had something in the works for next year.

We were able to confirm next years dates along with a new and BIGGER campsite location (still in Uwharrie), new sponsors and new trails to run! CROC will be partnering withe UORTC to make this happen. This should help resolve some of the issues we were having with the group campsite. The NF is really cracking down on alcohol even at campsites. So camping on private land next year should take care of that issue. Obviously alcohol on the trails is still illegal. But the new venue should make things a lot more fun!

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
How can the NF crack down on legal alcohol consumption by legal adults?

Not supposed to have booze in any NF. In my experience they usually overlook it unless you're acting up but I guess that's no longer the case at Uwharrie. Anyways, glad there are plans for a new campsite next year

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
I met the French couple in Livermore, CA. They were having some repairs done at West Coast British. That's a cool rig.