Secondary air delete

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
I've axed this question also. The consensus right now is a new ECM from a non-SAI vehicle. The fuel pump is also different.

Dangeruss

Mar 28, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I found a bimmer forum where someone designed a circuit that taps into the front O2's and sends the ECU a signal to emulate excess oxygen when the pump is called to run. When the pump shuts off it puts the O2's back on line. No SAI and no fault codes. I'm tempted to try it just because I'm sick of buying used pumps to get through an E-test every 2 years, not to mention the sound of a Gulfstream spooling up under the hood.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24726

bendts

Jan 27, 2015
Farmland
After I removed all the SAI Plumbing, the only error code I get is 0142 (if i remember right) - its for a stuck open air valve on one of the banks - I would imagine there is a way to get a resister that would match the correct value and plug it into the wire harness.

As for the SAi connection holes/ports in the heads - I found 4 large set screws with allen heads and re-taped the holes to fit and then RED locktighted the shit out of them - all good so far. Unless you really look you would never know they are there or that SAI was installed before.