The Kooks are Back

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
I don't know that Cliven is winning all that much just yet; sitting in jail losing his teeth and losing days of his life isn't really winning. He may well win the conspiracy case, or rather in his case he may not lose it-but that will still drag out days of his life that he doesn't have to give.

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
I don't know that Cliven is winning all that much just yet; sitting in jail losing his teeth and losing days of his life isn't really winning. He may well win the conspiracy case, or rather in his case he may not lose it-but that will still drag out days of his life that he doesn't have to give.

It's amazing to me that the federal government thinks he's a flight risk. It just goes to show how fucked up the system is.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
It's amazing to me that the federal government thinks he's a flight risk. It just goes to show how fucked up the system is.

I don't disagree, but it also goes to show that his lawyer may not be all that great at being a lawyer.

I mean how old is dude, and how much $ do they actually have to facilitate long term flight?

I don't think he helps himself with the suits he files though.

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
I googled the bundy situation.

All I get out of it is, guy doesn't recognize the federal government but uses the second amendment as a defense. The 'unwritten' portion about tyrannical government I suppose.

I give him credit. He stood up to law enforcement with a gun and didn't get shot. Good thing he wasn't black and reaching for a phone.

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
I don't disagree, but it also goes to show that his lawyer may not be all that great at being a lawyer.

I mean how old is dude, and how much $ do they actually have to facilitate long term flight?

71, and been in jail for what? A year now?

Jan 3, 2005

For the most part Cliven is his own lawyer. Cliven also chooses to go to court in his orange jail uniform. Strategy?

Ryan on the other hand refuses to consent to a anal cavity search required to obtain street clothes for the trial. Although he's been jailed for over a year, the courts are requiring the option of a cavity search as a condition to wear a suit to trial. Ryan refuses the finger in the ass. Again, logical courts here.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
It may be a strategy, but in the end I still gotta challenge what 'winning' here really means, given the time in the clink that won't come back.

Jan 3, 2005
What is Cliven's mission? Or overall objective?

Holding a 71 year old man on a "flight risk" stipulation for not paying taxes is desperation.

I don't know if Cliven will be found not guilty or not. But who's guilty so far? Parker and Dexler are certainly getting the shaft with this third, "tiered", trial. The feds are desperate. The case is finally getting media coverage. Judge Navaro has changed her tune. Prosecutors are not getting their way in this trial and questionable evidence is not being allowed. Gonna be interesting.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
What is Cliven's mission? Or overall objective?

Holding a 71 year old man on a "flight risk" stipulation for not paying taxes is desperation.

I don't know if Cliven will be found not guilty or not. But who's guilty so far? Parker and Dexler are certainly getting the shaft with this third, "tiered", trial. The feds are desperate. The case is finally getting media coverage. Judge Navaro has changed her tune. Prosecutors are not getting their way in this trial and questionable evidence is not being allowed. Gonna be interesting.

This trial isn't about whether or not he paid the grazing fees. That's over and done with - he lost.

This is about threatening and pointing guns at federal officers.

Overall objective? Deny the federal government any control over federal lands, so they can graze them for free (or cheap).

http://www.hcn.org/articles/justice-how-ryan-bundy-sees-the-west-cliven-bundy-bunkerville-trial

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Or is it about federal officers pointing guns at civilians?

What does that have to do with anything?

It's not against the law for LEOs to point weapons at people. It is against the law for people to point weapons at LEOs.

Not hard to understand.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
LOL, so if a law enforcement officer pulled out a gun and pointed it at you for no reason, that's perfectly legal?

No reason? No, not legal. If I'm not following his directions, point a gun at him, tell him "I've got a clear shot," then, yeah - perfectly legal.

getfile.php

Peaceful protest my ass.