Rear 12v aux power in LR4 base model

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
Land Rover saw fit to ignore a 12v aux power source in my '13 LR4 base for reasons I really can't fathom. The base does not have rear climate control but the harness is there. I traced down the rear blower fan power (switched) to connector C0839S on the driver's side of the vehicle. It is a grey 4 pin connector with 2 black wires and 1 brown/blue wire behind the access panel. This is fed by the rear fan motor relay, R10, in the engine compartment fuse panel. I removed the relay (why it's there is also a mystery since it isn't needed) and fitted a jumper from 30 to 87. This provides constant 12v to the rear connector. I tapped into the connector harness with 14g wire and fed a 12v power outlet I have installed in the 2"x3" panel blank (on top) near the cup holder. There you have it. A constant source of power to operate my refrigerator or anything else I might need it for.

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
The 12v socket came out of a 3 socket panel purchased at West Marine. It came out to about $10 a socket vs $14 for 1.