DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Technical Boards > Discovery - Technical Discussions

Old 04-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Almost There...

I?ve read the posts and driven the patterns but I cannot seem to get my disco 2 (2000) to get past the evap dtc. Any ideas? Truck throws no codes at all. Driven over 400 miles.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:09 AM

I would check your fuel trim and look for a vac leak. Sometimes it can be a little lean but not enough to store a lean fault.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Almost There...

Ends up GA allows for 3 incompletes for the 96-2002 model years, so I passed. I can at least drive with a legal plate now. But of course the insurance people put in the wrong vin...so no plate until Wednesday.

I’m good on fuel trim. It simply never completes the evap cycle. I get a hint of fuel smell at times near the rear so I’m going to check that fuel pump seal and the evap hoses again.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:25 AM

Run a smoke test to find or eliminate leaks.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Almost There...

Smoke tests were completed a while ago, which revealed a number of issues in the fuel injection and vacuum lines. All resolved. The issue at the tank is now resolved as well, pure ignorance on my part in fact - the pump had no rubber seal.

When I removed the old pump it had been more or less glued in with some kind of nasty non-hardening sealant. The kind of thing someone buys at Pep Boys and it never works. I cleaned all that up and never realized there was no rubber seal on the old pump. The black "seal" I saw in the pump collar wasn't the seal at all. I ordered a new seal thinking it was that black collar, but instead was a part my truck didn't have. Now it does. No leaks, evap works.

I now have a zero code throwing Disco 2. Quite happy about that and thanks to those who offered advice.