DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > General

General General BS

Old 10-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #376
brian4d

Default Re: Kneeling NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
What is there to respond to-you haven't said anything substantive. Again.

When you get to something that is worth responding to, I'll be happy to comment.
You don?t respond Ray because you have no hands on business knowledge. Let?s be real here. Again, large group plans regulated under corporate/membership umbrellas that are offered across state lines. Tell me how and why this plan won?t work, go. Competition has always been at the heart of our growing economy. It’s woven into our fabric and no protest on wall street or democratic congressman will ever change that, at least, not in our lifetimes.
brian4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #377
ERover82

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You don?t respond Ray because you have no hands on business knowledge. Let?s be real here. Again, large group plans regulated under corporate/membership umbrellas that are offered across state lines. Tell me how and why this plan won?t work, go. Competition has always been at the heart of our growing economy. It?s woven into our fabric and no protest on wall street or democratic congressman will ever change that, at least, not in our lifetimes.
There are issue with single-payer, but let's acknowledge two main issues with your group plans..

Multiple redundant bureaucracies - Many billing targets means more admin work in each office, a large source of costs here. Many insurers means many companies providing redundant services with redundant people in redundant positions. Competition will drive to optimize human resources, but it's not as efficient as a well run (I know this is the lynch pin) single entity.

Corporatism - This is well understood. No explanation necessary. It's a very real risk, born out in several industries we all know.

Both have potential if done right, and risky if not. Neither side of the pond seems to have confidence that the other with be implemented right.

Last edited by ERover82; 10-19-2017 at 06:51 PM.
ERover82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #378
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERover82 View Post
There are issue with single-payer, but let's acknowledge two main issues with your group plans..

Multiple redundant bureaucracies - Many billing targets means more admin work in each office, a large source of costs here. Many insurers means many companies providing redundant services with redundant people in redundant positions. Competition will drive to optimize human resources, but it's not as efficient as a well run (I know this is the lynch pin) single entity.

Corporatism - This is well understood. No explanation necessary. It's a very real risk, born out in several industries we all know.

Both have potential if done right, and risky if not. Neither side of the pond seems to have confidence that the other with be implemented right.
Eric, all I can say to your fears (that I completely understand) is implement strong oversight regulation and audit the audit so to speak. What I do know is that our government will create more admin work and more problems as they always have. Think nightmare on insurance street. We can?t even develop a website that my personal company could have created for 100k or less. No shit, we examined it throughly. Trust our government with state parks, military and NASA. Anything above and beyond is a stretch.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #379
1920SF
Keyboard Pounder II

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You don?t respond Ray because you have no hands on business knowledge. Let?s be real here. Again, large group plans regulated under corporate/membership umbrellas that are offered across state lines. Tell me how and why this plan won?t work, go. Competition has always been at the heart of our growing economy. It?s woven into our fabric and no protest on wall street or democratic congressman will ever change that, at least, not in our lifetimes.
Large group plans regulated by corporations are going to be the savior eh? Does that fold in with your 'strong oversight regulation' commentary too?

Simple questions: who does the oversight? Who writes the regulation?

I didn't respond because for the most part you spout nonsense. Competition actually hasn't always been at the heart of our growing economy, anyone with any knowledge of history knows that. When did the US economy explode into becoming the global power that it is now? WWII. Was there competition then? I mean, aside from the competition with the Nazis and the Japanese.

That doesn't mean I think we need to have a centralized economy that creates full industrial potential; merely pointing out the fallacy of what you state.

Why your concept won't work with healthcare is pretty much because all you are doing is working the margins of what we have now. It likely won't drive prices down significantly, nor will it create better care for a broader cross section of society. The idea of self governance and regulation, in case that's what you want to propose, has worked out really well in other sectors.

No amount of irrelevant drivel about protests or complaints about congressmen actually makes you more correct.
1920SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #380
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Large group plans regulated by corporations are going to be the savior eh? Does that fold in with your 'strong oversight regulation' commentary too?

Simple questions: who does the oversight? Who writes the regulation?

I didn't respond because for the most part you spout nonsense. Competition actually hasn't always been at the heart of our growing economy, anyone with any knowledge of history knows that. When did the US economy explode into becoming the global power that it is now? WWII. Was there competition then? I mean, aside from the competition with the Nazis and the Japanese.

That doesn't mean I think we need to have a centralized economy that creates full industrial potential; merely pointing out the fallacy of what you state.

Why your concept won't work with healthcare is pretty much because all you are doing is working the margins of what we have now. It likely won't drive prices down significantly, nor will it create better care for a broader cross section of society. The idea of self governance and regulation, in case that's what you want to propose, has worked out really well in other sectors.

No amount of irrelevant drivel about protests or complaints about congressmen actually makes you more correct.
But real corporate group plans that work for real people that provide real affordable care accounts for nothing? Ray, you sound like a fool. I won?t go as far to say you are. When you have some real experience with real plans that help real people come back and we?ll talk.

And working the margins of what we have now? Are you kidding? You don’t have a clue about the private sector sir. No worries, there are pentagon workings that I’d have no clue. Perfectly normal.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:45 PM   #381
SGaynor

You act like these magical group plans will cut costs.

They've been in existence forever (BC\BS). Why has my insurance gone from $50/mo with $15 copays in 1997 to $170\mo and a $6000 deductible today?

How are these plans going to cut the cost of insuring from ~$12k\family to $4k?

What business model is hiding in the shadows to unlock this savings?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim
SGaynor is offline   Reply With Quote