DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > General

General General BS

Old 08-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #4451
JohnB

Default Re: Donald Trump Rally in Colorado Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
So, when the Washington Post encouraged people to start throwing rocks yesterday, is that cool or no?

And to be clear, I'm in no way, shape, or form defending these guys. I just don't believe we want to start cherry picking our way down the slope of what is acceptable first amendment speech.
I'm at the point now that if you support free speech for such groups as Nazi's you really don't have a leg to stand on. On the same point at least they do have a view(although nuts)the Anarchist that show up simply to cause problems with zero opinion really seem like a waist of human space. We've had our issues with Anarchist groups in Portland and I think many on the Right believe they are Democrats which I don't believe is fact.

It's unrealistic to think that the alt-right could in a million years in America remove all non-whites. It's just impossible and this is just media meltdown with bombastic hype. It for sure makes me sic how much attention they are getting.

Really can't think anyone who supports the GOP is happy with how things are shaping up. Seems maybe they are truly happy even if its just picking scabs on anyone that does not share their opinion. Hating for hates sake is not going to end well for anyone.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #4452
Blue

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I'm at the point now that if you support free speech for such groups as Nazi's you really don't have a leg to stand on. On the same point at least they do have a view(although nuts)the Anarchist that show up simply to cause problems with zero opinion really seem like a waist of human space. We've had our issues with Anarchist groups in Portland and I think many on the Right believe they are Democrats which I don't believe is fact.

It's unrealistic to think that the alt-right could in a million years in America remove all non-whites. It's just impossible and this is just media meltdown with bombastic hype. It for sure makes me sic how much attention they are getting.

Really can't think anyone who supports the GOP is happy with how things are shaping up. Seems maybe they are truly happy even if its just picking scabs on anyone that does not share their opinion. Hating for hates sake is not going to end well for anyone.
I agree with everything here except for the first sentence. You just can't pick & choose based on how much they revolt you. They revolt me plenty, but they have the right to spew their filth. All the dissection into yelling fire in a crowded theater or inciting violence or whatever is just mental masturbation.

I find it perversely amusing to see how much exposure these white supremacists or KKK'ers or whatever the fuck they are have received. There are what...a couple hundred thousand KKK freaks running around in their pajamas in this country? They are such a tiny sampling of the USA...a hundred or two show up to march and the whole country stands at attention for them. But the mainstream media sold a lot of commercial time for Tide, Swifter, and Fancy Feast and that's what it's all about.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #4453
seventyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
But the mainstream media sold a lot of commercial time for Tide, Swifter, and Fancy Feast and that's what it's all about.
thanks, my wife says im a whacko when i say that...good to know im not alone.

its not just the main stream media. then again all media is prettyt much mainstream now. the alex jones type infotainment sites get a fuck load of traffic, which you can call mainstream now. and he sells a fuck load of male enhancement and water filters.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #4454
SGaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
This would be good:
The leaders of four minority House caucus groups have written a letter to President Donald Trump calling for the removal of White House staff aides Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka.

Besides, Bannon is probably Brian's leaker anyway. So this week on Survivor Dumpster Fire; White House edition...
Well, one far-right, wing-nut down...two to go.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim
SGaynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #4455
aliastel

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Well, one far-right, wing-nut down...two to go.

Miller may be the craziest one of all. It's not too difficult to imagine him donning a white hood after work.

1988 Range Rover 4.6

1992 Range Rover (RIP)
1996 Discovery I (Sold)
1999 Discovery Series II (Sold)
aliastel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #4456
SGaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliastel View Post
Miller may be the craziest one of all. It's not too difficult to imagine him donning a white hood after work.
Yep

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim
SGaynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #4457
discostew

Member Trucks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent-seeking

Sure wish Brian was still here to help me understand Trumps take on rent seeking behavior.
discostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #4458
kennith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post

Free speech is at it's most important for views with which you disagree.

Right now, it's apparently been decided by the mob AND the media that if they don't like what you say, they can just shout you out of town. Cities are quietly removing statues, cops are not protecting demonstrators, people are screaming demonstrations out of relevance...

Fuck all this shit. Now they're doxxing people who just happened to be at one demonstration or another, and ruining their lives, and the media is not only encouraging it, they're celebrating it!

...and people wonder why I avoid social media like the plague.

This isn't about Trump. It never has been. Perhaps there are some educated individuals around who can point out genuine flaws, but those people aren't on the table. Those are helpful people. The danger is coming from the foolish mob. This is a massive problem.

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.
kennith is offline   Reply With Quote