DiscoWeb Message Boards
 

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8901  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:00 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
A perfect op-ed piece for you Trump supporters: Unless there is definitive proof that Trump himself colluded with Russia, he shouldn't be removed from office, even if the Mueller (or other) investigation discovers that Trump broke other laws. Because the Mueller investigation was about Russian collusion, nothing else.

Nice logic there.

The Mueller probe could turn out to be a disaster — for the Democrats
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8902  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:42 AM
AbnMike AbnMike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 753
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
A perfect op-ed piece for you Trump supporters: Unless there is definitive proof that Trump himself colluded with Russia, he shouldn't be removed from office, even if the Mueller (or other) investigation discovers that Trump broke other laws. Because the Mueller investigation was about Russian collusion, nothing else.

Nice logic there.

The Mueller probe could turn out to be a disaster ? for the Democrats
Isn't that pretty much criminal court logic in a nutshell?

If I have a warrant to go to your house and search in your closet for a gun I can't look around and find your stash of cocaine behind the toilet - my authorization was for your closet.

Am I missing something?
__________________
-------------------------------------
(I like old, unreliable stuff that keeps me from spending too much time surfing porn)
Reply With Quote
  #8903  
Old 12-19-2018, 12:04 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnMike View Post
Isn't that pretty much criminal court logic in a nutshell?

If I have a warrant to go to your house and search in your closet for a gun I can't look around and find your stash of cocaine behind the toilet - my authorization was for your closet.

Am I missing something?
If the warrant says I can search you're WHOLE house for a gun, and I find your stash of coke - yeah, you're going to jail. Or, if I find your stash of coke lying in plain sight - you're going to jail.

Kind of like the cop who pulled you over for a busted tail light and found the dead 12 year old boy in your trunk. You're going to jail.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8904  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:35 PM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,439
https://www.facebook.com/thedailysho...9153660398315/
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #8905  
Old 12-19-2018, 05:17 PM
AbnMike AbnMike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 753
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
If the warrant says I can search you're WHOLE house for a gun, and I find your stash of coke - yeah, you're going to jail. Or, if I find your stash of coke lying in plain sight - you're going to jail.

Kind of like the cop who pulled you over for a busted tail light and found the dead 12 year old boy in your trunk. You're going to jail.
But I didn't say whole house.

I did a comparison to the investigation. The investigation was for one particular thing.

The warrant was for the closet. One particular thing. Not the bathroom where the coke is.

And there's no reason for a cop to open up the trunk and find anyone in there (unless the boy was alive and kicking the trunk) therefore no, I wouldn't go to jail if the cop forced me to open the trunk and found a dead boy....ok, I would, but then I'd get out and the case would be tossed as well as my busted tail light ticket.
__________________
-------------------------------------
(I like old, unreliable stuff that keeps me from spending too much time surfing porn)
Reply With Quote
  #8906  
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnMike View Post
The investigation was for one particular thing.
You are parroting the Trump/right-wing talking points, which are just flat wrong.

The "warrant" was for the whole house.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. ? 600.4(a).
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8907  
Old 12-20-2018, 01:08 AM
kennith kennith is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnMike View Post
Isn't that pretty much criminal court logic in a nutshell?

If I have a warrant to go to your house and search in your closet for a gun I can't look around and find your stash of cocaine behind the toilet - my authorization was for your closet.

Am I missing something?
Not everyone appreciates the whittling down of variables these days. Events like this are pieced together by individual and isolated truths. Demanding everything at once only guarantees failure.

Anyone who genuinely wants the truth will be patient enough for these isolated systems to resolve themselves in due course, without interference. The sum of their effects can then be explored and weighed. Then, and only then will you have your answer. It's good, old-fashioned detective work. Find the facts. Well, this is how our nation finds facts.

These things must be proven; piece by piece. It's important to both sides that this happen with precision and a lack of emotion.

Cheers,

Kennith
__________________
Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

I own a magical island.
Reply With Quote
  #8908  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:20 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
You are parroting the Trump/right-wing talking points, which are just flat wrong.

The "warrant" was for the whole house.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. ? 600.4(a).
I'm good with this. The Mueller findings will be sealed and go straight to the AG, parts may never see the light of day. The Podesta dealings, that's another story.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/05/feds-r...s-to-manafort/

Now, just look at this poor fools derangement over at the WAPO. He acknowledges other worse campaign violations were made it history's past but then insist Trumps payment to Stormy was indeed a campaign contribution THEN insist this contribution CHANGED the results of the election. You can't make this shit up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2272cff5d88f
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8909  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:58 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
I'm good with this. The Mueller findings will be sealed and go straight to the AG, parts may never see the light of day. The Podesta dealings, that's another story.
So, as long as the guy being investigated has a stooge in place as AG it's ok to bury crimes?

Yeah, you really are all about law and order and the rule of law.

#yourmoralsareshowing
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8910  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
So, as long as the guy being investigated has a stooge in place as AG it's ok to bury crimes?

Yeah, you really are all about law and order and the rule of law.

#yourmoralsareshowing
Kinda like burying tarmac meetings and IRS shenanigans?

Feels shitty, right?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8911  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:45 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Kinda like burying tarmac meetings and IRS shenanigans?

Feels shitty, right?
Which was investigated ad nausem and made public...by the Repubs. Not buried. See the difference? Of course not.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8912  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:55 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Which was investigated ad nausem and made public...by the Repubs. Not buried. See the difference? Of course not.
Not buried? Would you like to guess how many times Lerner pleaded the 5th?

This is where you're robot like, you just don't get it. Read between the lines instead of ingesting every single thing the media plants in your head.

Now, place some internet links below to prove me wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8913  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:22 PM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,439
Hmm. Fox news no less.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/81682...ps-team-russia
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #8914  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:38 PM
ERover82's Avatar
ERover82 ERover82 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien Gap
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Not buried? Would you like to guess how many times Lerner pleaded the 5th?

This is where you're robot like, you just don't get it. Read between the lines instead of ingesting every single thing the media plants in your head.

Now, place some internet links below to prove me wrong.
How is pleading the 5th relevant when the entire "burred" investigation has its own website?
Reply With Quote
  #8915  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:21 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERover82 View Post
How is pleading the 5th relevant when the entire "burred" investigation has its own website?
Because pleading the 5th omits key facts from the investigation, therefore, the website at hand. Innocent folks don't plea the 5th.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8916  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Because pleading the 5th omits key facts from the investigation, therefore, the website at hand. Innocent folks don't plea the 5th.
Yeah, that's because investigators have no way to get at what occurred other than asking just one person what happened.

No one else was part of it. There are no documents.

Brian's solution is to do away with the 5th (who needs that?) and institute "enhanced interrogation" techniques.

(BTW - Funny how Mueller has lots of information about Trump & Co., yet has not talked to Trump. Is he taking the 5th?)
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8917  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:59 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Innocent folks don't plea the 5th.
Funny you mention that...

Giuliani Rejects Possibility of Trump Ruling Out Not Exercising His Fifth Amendment Rights
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8918  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:42 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Yeah, that's because investigators have no way to get at what occurred other than asking just one person what happened.

No one else was part of it. There are no documents.

Brian's solution is to do away with the 5th (who needs that?) and institute "enhanced interrogation" techniques.

(BTW - Funny how Mueller has lots of information about Trump & Co., yet has not talked to Trump. Is he taking the 5th?)
That's not my solution, did you hit your head, again? You like making up fantasies when you're pushed against a wall with uncomfortable facts. It's your MO.

Your argument sucks balls. You and I both know the buck stops somewhere. Someone needs to go to jail. The 5th just comes in handy when that person wants to avoid it. Come back down to planet earth anytime now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8919  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:47 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I won't get all hyped up with a huge stiffie while chanting orange man bad. You own that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8920  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:50 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You and I both know the buck stops somewhere. Someone needs to go to jail. The 5th just comes in handy when that person wants to avoid it. Come back down to planet earth anytime now.
Funny you mention that...

Giuliani Rejects Possibility of Trump Ruling Out Not Exercising His Fifth Amendment Rights

But Trump is completely innocent of the fact that virtually his entire campaign leadership was working with Russians...

I guess the buck stopped at Papadapolus.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8921  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 AM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,439
So wheels are as old as walls. Maybe older. Cheetah knows the best history, all the history.
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #8922  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:05 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
So wheels are as old as walls. Maybe older. Cheetah knows the best history, all the history.
And walls are medieval.

Funny as hell and a great point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #8923  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:25 AM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,439
A good dissection of the orange giant and his lack of skills for "speaking good."
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ource=facebook
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #8924  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:00 PM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,439
Odd, why not say it?

‘I never said there was no collusion,’ Trump lawyer Giuliani says

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...3Mj8bQvVj3FWq0
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Springs Wildfire chris snell General 8 06-28-2012 03:01 PM
Colorado Springs to Orlando? Springsroverfamily General 2 02-25-2011 08:37 PM
Weekend of 3/20 I'm in Colorado Springs with an H3 gmookher Events/Trails/Trips 0 03-20-2009 04:57 AM
Colorado Springs, CO Mechanic cavendish Discovery - Technical Discussions 9 10-02-2007 07:25 PM
DII brush bar & OME springs. Colorado Danger Parts For Sale 0 08-02-2006 09:48 AM

» Log in
User Name Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Password
» Today's Birthdays
RealtorGuy
greendisco1 (41)
xmustang420 (33)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000 - 2015, DiscoWeb.org. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.