DiscoWeb Message Boards
 

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4126  
Old 08-10-2017, 10:23 PM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan mgreenspan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Briggs's Back Yard
Posts: 4,350
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
I'm not clicking on that, sorry.
It's Canadian hockey... Not goatse. Cx.
__________________
Land Rover Only 2 Complaints
Last too long Look too good
Reply With Quote
  #4127  
Old 08-10-2017, 10:51 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliastel View Post
Oh, that address. Trust me, we all saw it. . .
Keep Calm and MAGA.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4128  
Old 08-11-2017, 07:59 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,705
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You must watch CNN as well, did you see when Trump addressed the intelligence community in person? I'm guessing not.

Welcome to the party.
Point in fact, he didn't address the IC; as that's quite a few agencies in disparate locations. The address you are likely referring to is the one at CIA HQ.

Not sure why you think that was well recieved.

As far as DPRK's fragile economy...guess we'll see, but I'd throw that back at you. If China really does shut off things and apply pressure to the 'brittle' DPRK problem, what would you do then if you were Un? Give in? Or is that an existential crisis that threatens your position-in which case you have to do something?

No offense to CSIS, but that article missed a lot in terms of calculus getting to that answer.

It seems that you think having the PRC solve this for us is the master plan-I will point out be careful what you ask for, you may not like how someone else does it.
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #4129  
Old 08-11-2017, 08:09 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Point in fact, he didn't address the IC; as that's quite a few agencies in disparate locations. The address you are likely referring to is the one at CIA HQ.

Not sure why you think that was well recieved.
All the clapping and laughing gave it away Ray.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...t-the-cia.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4130  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:26 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
All the clapping and laughing gave it away Ray.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...t-the-cia.html
You're right - a 100 people = the whole intelligence community. Not to mention everybody claps at these things. Have you ever been to a corporate meeting where the CEO is speaking? Even when everyone knows it's bullshit, people clap. (See also: State of the Union addresses).
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #4131  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You need to read up on Manaforts and Stones Consultation group as well Scott. That will answer all these questions for you. They were both masterful at what they did. That is, get people elected. The Dems have the same exact types on their end as well. Not sure who would compare though.
Again, you can't say that Trump was great in picking Manafort, etc. in one breath, then in the next say that Trump was amazing for dumping him when the bad shit came out.

And Flynn.

And Scaramucci.

And...
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #4132  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:50 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
(See also: State of the Union addresses).
YOU LIE!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4133  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:51 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,705
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
All the clapping and laughing gave it away Ray.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...t-the-cia.html
Voluntary event, and as SGaynor noted the OHB lobby is a small space. Self selection saw attendance and thus your applause.

It's worth noting that the one thing 'the IC' hates is being used as a partisan tool, which is what that speech turned into. its a disservice to the institution(s).
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #4134  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:55 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Again, you can't say that Trump was great in picking Manafort, etc. in one breath, then in the next say that Trump was amazing for dumping him when the bad shit came out.

And Flynn.

And Scaramucci.

And...
Why not? Because you said so Scott? It isn't the norm? When you're no longer useful it's time to move on. Manafort helped launch Trump on the polls early on. If you actually read up on him like I keep saying you would understand this a bit better.

Remember how we beat the British during the Revolution? We hid in trees, took them by surprise, didn't March and shot them in the back. The British were mortified, 'you can't possibly fight war like that!'. Guess who won?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4135  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:57 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Voluntary event, and as SGaynor noted the OHB lobby is a small space. Self selection saw attendance and thus your applause.

It's worth noting that the one thing 'the IC' hates is being used as a partisan tool, which is what that speech turned into. its a disservice to the institution(s).
You get to see ANY sitting president give a speech you go. Nice try Ray. I do understand how it makes you people feel better diminishing Trumps support but it's laughable and everyone can see right through it.

Hell, someone liked Trump so much they made him into a chicken and planted him in the middle of DC. You see it Ray? I would have gotten a picture if I were you.

PS I really know it was someone who doesn't like Trump but it backfired. The chicken is great as far as I'm concerned. Hand gestures and all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6kV3hy0R0Fi8uc8yUeN-iaNXCXKvVQBcjPFALNom2Y4.jpg (63.7 KB, 10 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4136  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:08 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,705
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
You get to see ANY sitting president give a speech you go. Nice try Ray. I do understand how it makes you people feel better diminishing Trumps support but it's laughable and everyone can see right through it.

Hell, someone liked Trump so much they made him into a chicken and planted him in the middle of DC. You see it Ray? I would have gotten a picture if I were you.

PS I really know it was someone who doesn't like Trump but it backfired. The chicken is great as far as I'm concerned. Hand gestures and all!
Tell me Brian, how many people can that space fit, since you are now informed on the speech? Is it the largest space on that campus? Or was it a photo op in front of the memorial stars? To your point, I did rule out the possibility that people there went out of morbid curiosity. Kinda like going to NASCAR, the wrecks are cool.

You people eh?

In case you want to get all deep state, to be clear, political support has nothing to do with what professionals do-the oath is to the constitution and the duty is to the nation. At work nobody gives a shit what someone thinks politically so long as it doesn't effect competence.

No on the giant strugging inflatable rooster. It went up after I went to work and was down before I got done-such is the nature of the world today. I do agree it is brilliant, but I think we may like it for different reasons.
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #4137  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:10 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,705
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post

Remember how we beat the British during the Revolution? We hid in trees, took them by surprise, didn't March and shot them in the back. The British were mortified, 'you can't possibly fight war like that!'. Guess who won?
That's not how we beat the Brits. I know that's what you learned in elementary school, but it isn't the reason we won the revolution.

Of course WTF that has to do with anything right now is anyone's guess.
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #4138  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
That's not how we beat the Brits. I know that's what you learned in elementary school, but it isn't the reason we won the revolution.

Of course WTF that has to do with anything right now is anyone's guess.
There was more to it for sure. But the element surprise did play role Ray. As we'd say in Elementary school, you're a know it all. Nobody liked those guys. Gosh Ray.

And keep up with your own conversations Ray, apparently you can't juggle two at once. Happy Friday guys!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4139  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
No on the giant strugging inflatable rooster. It went up after I went to work and was down before I got done-such is the nature of the world today. I do agree it is brilliant, but I think we may like it for different reasons.
As long as we both like it!

It should have stayed up, at least for a few days. I'm thinking we do like it for different reasons.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4140  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Why not? Because you said so Scott? It isn't the norm? When you're no longer useful it's time to move on. Manafort helped launch Trump on the polls early on. If you actually read up on him like I keep saying you would understand this a bit better.
You lay down with dogs, you come up with fleas.

You hire a shady guy with connections to Russia to run your campaign, and have all kinds of meetings with Russians, you can't then say all that Russia collusion stuff is made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Remember how we beat the British during the Revolution? We hid in trees, took them by surprise, didn't March and shot them in the back. The British were mortified, 'you can't possibly fight war like that!'. Guess who won?
So, you're supporting/agreeing with the fact that Russia did hack the DNC, did work to help get Trump elected, did do that to undermine the notion of democracy, and that Manafort was involved in that?
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #4141  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,442
They're even the same color.



__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #4142  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:38 AM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
You lay down with dogs, you come up with fleas.

You hire a shady guy with connections to Russia to run your campaign, and have all kinds of meetings with Russians, you can't then say all that Russia collusion stuff is made up.



So, you're supporting/agreeing with the fact that Russia did hack the DNC, did work to help get Trump elected, did do that to undermine the notion of democracy, and that Manafort was involved in that?
Here is what I support Scott.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No_hearsay-optimized.jpg (6.3 KB, 5 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4143  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,705
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
There was more to it for sure. But the element surprise did play role Ray. As we'd say in Elementary school, you're a know it all. Nobody liked those guys. Gosh Ray.

And keep up with your own conversations Ray, apparently you can't juggle two at once. Happy Friday guys!
I can juggle as many convos as you want to have Brian.

As far as being a know it all, perhaps. I know I come across as an asshole to your posts, but there is a very deliberate reason for that: your disassociation with facts, at best selectively choosing them. Then you disregard when someone points out that you are wrong, attacking them (i.e. 'nobody likes them') vice the substance. Which is fine. Its actually a perfect analogy for aspects of the country today.
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #4144  
Old 08-11-2017, 12:15 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
I can juggle as many convos as you want to have Brian.

As far as being a know it all, perhaps. I know I come across as an asshole to your posts, but there is a very deliberate reason for that: your disassociation with facts, at best selectively choosing them. Then you disregard when someone points out that you are wrong, attacking them (i.e. 'nobody likes them') vice the substance. Which is fine. Its actually a perfect analogy for aspects of the country today.
Ray, you're nitpicking.

I was referring to the element of surprise tactic. We Americans used that very successfully during the Revolutionary war. Was it the whole reason we won? Of course not Ray. You nitpick people to death I've noticed. It's not that serious.

Speaking specifically of the Battle of Trenton, element of surprise. I'm not going to argue this topic with someone who works in the Pentagon with 2 masters degrees Ray, but, you shouldn't assume education is only for leftist thinking, you'd be making a grave mistake to do that. Anyway, Cheers. Let me know if you see anymore of the Chickens in town, take some pictures and post them up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4145  
Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 PM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan mgreenspan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Briggs's Back Yard
Posts: 4,350
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
You lay down with dogs, you come up with fleas.

You hire a shady guy with connections to Russia to run your campaign, and have all kinds of meetings with Russians, you can't then say all that Russia collusion stuff is made up.



So, you're supporting/agreeing with the fact that Russia did hack the DNC, did work to help get Trump elected, did do that to undermine the notion of democracy, and that Manafort was involved in that?
You sound like such a crackpot.

If we use your logic and fact acceptance then the Clinton's are responsible for all these deaths. Are they, though? Or is this crackpotty? http://govtslaves.info/comprehensive...dy-count-list/ Numbers 4 and 15 are they most interesting.
__________________
Land Rover Only 2 Complaints
Last too long Look too good
Reply With Quote
  #4146  
Old 08-11-2017, 12:44 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
You sound like such a crackpot.

If we use your logic and fact acceptance then the Clinton's are responsible for all these deaths. Are they, though? Or is this crackpotty? http://govtslaves.info/comprehensive...dy-count-list/ Numbers 4 and 15 are they most interesting.
It was suicide. Two shots to the back of the head. Vince Foster is the one that gets me. He's #3 I think.

His car was there, but no car keys, anywhere. Don't forget he just happend to shoot himself in a federal park under federal jurisdiction. And I'm just getting started. Robert Stack would have had a field day with this one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4147  
Old 08-11-2017, 12:57 PM
emmodg's Avatar
emmodg emmodg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
It was suicide. Two shots to the back of the head. Vince Foster is the one that gets me. He's #3 I think.

His car was there, but no car keys, anywhere. Don't forget he just happend to shoot himself in a federal park under federal jurisdiction. And I'm just getting started. Robert Stack would have had a field day with this one.
Stop....just stop...please. If you try hard enough ANYONE can create a conspiracy about anything, anywhere, and at any time. It's a fool's practice and any man's waste of time. You're smarter than that Brian.
__________________
"Trump is ruining this country."
- Daniel Chapman

2000 R1150GS
2000 Toyota 4Runner
1963 Triumph TR4
1993 Ducati 900ss
Reply With Quote
  #4148  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:13 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Stop....just stop...please. If you try hard enough ANYONE can create a conspiracy about anything, anywhere, and at any time. It's a fool's practice and any man's waste of time. You're smarter than that Brian.
HAHA!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #4149  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:49 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,442
So how many of you agree with the Higgins memo?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/10/...ew-up-the-nsc/
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #4150  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 PM
brian4d brian4d is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,119
Why on earth do all you smart people keep posting up articles you have to pay for and NOBODY can read?

Notice to ALL:

You can't view articles from the following websites:

Foreignpolicy.com

WAPO.com

NewYorkTimes.com

Here is the way this works. For those posting the articles YOU can see them. For EVERYONE else it blocks the article and will ask for money telling you Great Non-Fake News is NOT free.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Springs Wildfire chris snell General 8 06-28-2012 03:01 PM
Colorado Springs to Orlando? Springsroverfamily General 2 02-25-2011 08:37 PM
Weekend of 3/20 I'm in Colorado Springs with an H3 gmookher Events/Trails/Trips 0 03-20-2009 04:57 AM
Colorado Springs, CO Mechanic cavendish Discovery - Technical Discussions 9 10-02-2007 07:25 PM
DII brush bar & OME springs. Colorado Danger Parts For Sale 0 08-02-2006 09:48 AM

» Log in
User Name Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Password
» Today's Birthdays
Landrover19 (52)
Landrover91 (52)
Matt Taylor (46)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000 - 2015, DiscoWeb.org. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.