Default Re: Donald Trump Rally in Colorado Springs

Are the Russians still coming?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #4052
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Corruption...hmmm.

Where did Stephen Miller (then 28 years old, been a staffer his adult life, making ~$130/yr ) get the scratch to put $500k down on a $1M condo (and the money to pay the mortgage ($3500/mo) and condo fees ($1800/mo))?

Or the $200k to put down on a $450k condo when he was 23 making $54K/yr?

Clearly Mommy and Daddy (since the condo is in a Corp LLC), but did he pay taxes on that $700K downpayment? Who's currently paying the rent?
Good lord you guys give them a lot of money. Has anyone else noticed a trend of money going from members here to the WAPO? You all give them more air time than evil kenevil.
brian4d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #4053
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Ray, I'm never going away, neither is Trump. But I think you know that by now? It may boggle your mind by there a millions up millions of Americans out there that feel just like me.
You know there are millions of Americans just like me too, right? More of them actually...if you look a the votes in that election you keep talking about.

It does boggle my mind a little bit, but here's a good primer on why it isn't that surprising. It's a long read though, so prepare yourself:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...s-mind/534231/

-Regarding wasting tax payer $ on needless investigations; you said that (Regarding Mueller). I merely point out what, 8, investigations into Benghazi and we've discovered that diplomacy is dangerous overseas.

-Classified info is one thing, servers in basements (unclassified) is another. You are conflating things. More to the point: let the professionals sort that out, or do you believe the FBI is a bunch of Dems? (How many special agents do you know?)

-HRC and 'High Crimes' (what's with the capitalization, still?). What are those crimes-be precise. Moreover, WTF does that have to do with anything? Did you read the NR piece? Ya'll gotta let go of HRC, she seriously is like some kind of sorceress in your world or something. No wonder you can't govern, FFS you are still scared of an old woman that lost an election. None of that is statistics BTW.

-Regarding your first six months, aside from cherry picking a bit I'd point you toward this:
http://time.com/4891467/donald-trump-200-days/

Here's another way of measuring it for you: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/60-...nds-2017-08-07

60%...that's commendable.
1920SF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #4054
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
This should be retracted later but will probably have a one line update. Report is already public and has been for some time. Your media is not biased and clearly against the administration at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...eport.amp.html

BBC is best. The lack of emotion makes for good news.

50 years of the U-2. And hung out with the author a lot at RIAT.
Did you happen to see where the NYT and WAPO tried to bury the Lynch on a Plane story? This is your news fellas, it starts with F and ends with E.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #4055
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
This should be retracted later but will probably have a one line update. Report is already public and has been for some time. Your media is not biased and clearly against the administration at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...eport.amp.html

BBC is best. The lack of emotion makes for good news.

50 years of the U-2. And hung out with the author a lot at RIAT.
Your point on the coverage is valid, I was pointing to the report itself b/c of the science.
Unless you are like my ex-gf and actually do climate change science, nobody was going to go pull that report (as the scientists themselves note). I think the NYT got played by someone pinging them to get the story out b/c of the whole 'emails saying don't say climate change' stuff.

Take a look at the Atlantic piece I posted when you can, you may find the history of the media section interesting:
Just before the Clintons arrived in Washington, the right had managed to do away with the federal Fairness Doctrine, which had been enacted to keep radio and TV shows from being ideologically one-sided. Until then, big-time conservative opinion media had consisted of two magazines, William F. Buckley Jr.?s biweekly National Review and the monthly American Spectator, both with small circulations. But absent a Fairness Doctrine, Rush Limbaugh?s national right-wing radio show, launched in 1988, was free to thrive, and others promptly appeared.

The whole article is quite good.
r-
Ray
Old 08-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #4056
SGaynor

Quote:
Good lord you guys give them a lot of money. Has anyone else noticed a trend of money going from members here to the WAPO? You all give them more air time than evil kenevil.
Here: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3392114

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Fitness to lead. This is what you wanted. Now you have it.
Govern.
SGaynor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #4057
brian4d

Quote:
You know there are millions of Americans just like me too, right? More of them actually...if you look a the votes in that election you keep talking about.

It does boggle my mind a little bit, but here's a good primer on why it isn't that surprising. It's a long read though, so prepare yourself:

-Regarding wasting tax payer $ on needless investigations; you said that (Regarding Mueller). I merely point out what, 8, investigations into Benghazi and we've discovered that diplomacy is dangerous overseas.

-Classified info is one thing, servers in basements (unclassified) is another. You are conflating things. More to the point: let the professionals sort that out, or do you believe the FBI is a bunch of Dems? (How many special agents do you know?)

-HRC and 'High Crimes' (what's with the capitalization, still?). What are those crimes-be precise. Moreover, WTF does that have to do with anything? Did you read the NR piece? Ya'll gotta let go of HRC, she seriously is like some kind of sorceress in your world or something. No wonder you can't govern, FFS you are still scared of an old woman that lost an election. None of that is statistics BTW.

-Regarding your first six months, aside from cherry picking a bit I'd point you toward this:
http://time.com/4891467/donald-trump-200-days/

Here's another way of measuring it for you: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/60-...nds-2017-08-07

60%...that's commendable.
Ray, it's glorious how you state all this so matter-of-fact. I guess you looked real close into all those 'un-classified' deleted 33K emails. See how it all sounds so, silly?

You can't Cherry pick news Ray. EvEN CnN GaVE TRump SoME PropS.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #4058
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post

Oh here we go. Reporters defending Costas now. Somebody got Butthurt over that it seems.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #4059
brian4d

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.

-Albert Einstein

This is what the WAPO.com does to ones mind.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #4060
emmodg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Are the Russians still coming?
Were they?

2000 R1150GS
2000 Toyota 4Runner
1963 Triumph TR4
1993 Ducati 900ss
emmodg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #4061
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
Ray, it's glorious how you state all this so matter-of-fact. I guess you looked real close into all those 'un-classified' deleted 33K emails. See how it all sounds so, silly?

You can't Cherry pick news Ray. EvEN CnN GaVE TRump SoME PropS.
Well point in fact I heard it directly from the former Director of the FBI when he sat down with us, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he and his agents did their job, as professionals.

Of course you may know different, based off your experience and interactions.

CNN did give some credit, but also noted the context. Time did as well. In the grand scheme though, I don't think America is tired of winning that we can't stand it-isn't that what you promised?

Face it, folks, we are a divided nation ? divided between those who think with their head and those who know with their heart ? Because that?s where the truth comes from, ladies and gentlemen?the gut.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #4062
brian4d

Quote:
Well point in fact I heard it directly from the former Director of the FBI when he sat down with us, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he and his agents did their job, as professionals.

Of course you may know different, based off your experience and interactions.

CNN did give some credit, but also noted the context. Time did as well. In the grand scheme though, I don't think America is tired of winning that we can't stand it-isn't that what you promised?

Face it, folks, we are a divided nation ? divided between those who think with their head and those who know with their heart ? Because that?s where the truth comes from, ladies and gentlemen?the gut.
Was this from the same director that leaked information to his college professor friend? Nevermind that, did Fmr. Dir. Comey ever find (or read) those deleted emails? If you're so confident in Comey surely you believe that Trump isn't under any type of investigation, correct?

Not being an ass Ray, just reading between the lines.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #4063
emmodg

Quote:
Was this from the same director that leaked information to his college professor friend? Nevermind that, did Fmr. Dir. Comey ever find (or read) those deleted emails? If you're so confident in Comey surely you believe that Trump isn't under any type of investigation, correct?

Not being an ass Ray, just reading between the lines.
I would trust Comey any day before I would trust the realty TV show host!

Why are Hillary's emails important? Seriously. Why are they important? She's a crook and a now-failed politician. I know that. You know that. Done. Move on. She's also NOT the President Of The United States. She is now just one of the MANY criminals that the law has not caught up to YET. Why should we be discussing ANYTHING relating to that dumb bitch. We have far bigger problems affecting us NOW - Trump Clown is The President Of The United States. He is running the United States and HE is the crook and lier in the White House. Let's all get over Hilary and quit talking about her. She can do NOTHING to this country right now. Nothing. Trump Clown can do EVERYTHING.

Right now we have a clown of questionable mental capacity and ability TWEETING shit about North Korea!! This idiot is talking shit thought a TWEET. Do you think Trump called Mattis and Tillerson and said "Hey, I'm about to TWEET some 'tough talk' to North Korea." This dumb son of a bitch is mouthing off to show who's boss to his administration and people want to talk about Hillary Clinton's emails???????? Really???????

2000 R1150GS
2000 Toyota 4Runner
1963 Triumph TR4
1993 Ducati 900ss
Old 08-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #4064
brian4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
I would trust Comey any day before I would trust the realty TV show host!

Why are Hillary's emails important? Seriously. Why are they important? She's a crook and a now-failed politician. I know that. You know that. Done. Move on. She's also NOT the President Of The United States. She is now just one of the MANY criminals that the law has not caught up to YET. Why should we be discussing ANYTHING relating to that dumb bitch. We have far bigger problems affecting us NOW - Trump Clown is The President Of The United States. He is running the United States and HE is the crook and lier in the White House. Let's all get over Hilary and quit talking about her. She can do NOTHING to this country right now. Nothing. Trump Clown can do EVERYTHING.

Right now we have a clown of questionable mental capacity and ability TWEETING shit about North Korea!! This idiot is talking shit thought a TWEET. Do you think Trump called Mattis and Tillerson and said "Hey, I'm about to TWEET some 'tough talk' to North Korea." This dumb son of a bitch is mouthing off to show who's boss to his administration and people want to talk about Hillary Clinton's emails???????? Really???????
Hold on there. So Trump gets to be the president to deal with NK and now he's the bad guy? Are you serious? You better get serious because Trump and our military are going to be the ones that has to deal with all this fucking bullshit. Just because you call him a Clown an infinite amount of times doesn't make this whole situation any better. It's a big shit sandwich and we're about to have to take a big bite. How long do we wait? Until the next big launch? This whole thing is not good. Let's deal---with the cards---that are dealt. This Chicken Little Shit is killing me and does nothing to help the situation at hand.

The Emails matter because we're discussing Russian Interference in our election. I think Mrs. Clinton had some pretty big dealing with them if memory serves.

Last edited by brian4d; 08-08-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #4065
emmodg

Quote:
Hold on there. So Trump gets to be the president to deal with NK and now he's the bad guy? Are you serious? You better get serious because Trump and our military are going to be the ones that has to deal with all this fucking bullshit. Just because you call him a Clown an infinite amount of times doesn't make this whole situation any better. It's a big shit sandwich and we're about to have to take a big bite. How long do we wait? Until the next big launch? This whole thing is not good. Let's deal---with the cards---that are dealt. This Chicken Little Shit is killing me and does nothing to help the situation at hand.

The Emails matter because we're discussing Russian Interference in our election. I think Mrs. Clinton had some pretty big dealing with them if memory serves.
Brian - Are you a fool?

Trump Clown was a liar AND "bad guy" BEFORE the election and AFTER the election. Trump CLOWN is President!!! HE is President NOT Hilary!!! He is the liar AND criminal in The White House. Hillary is a criminal and liar and "bad guy" in a swank NY neighborhood!!! Which one of these clowns is more dangerous RIGHT NOW to this country? I couldn't give two shits about idiot Hilary because she isn't President. Trump is President. What about that do you not understand? Why do you care about Hilary so much. Fuck her. Trump Clown is the one to worry about and YES Brian, don't for one MINUTE think that our military isn't on edge with this clown in the White House. They have to deal with his reckless behavior AND defend this country. Trump Clown is dangerous to this nation, Hilary is dangerous to a mirror. So let's all get this straight: Hilary "colluded" with the Russians to LOSE the election???? Did she "collude" with them only to be "double-crossed" by them???? How much longer will you concern yourself with someone who ISN'T President and who DOESN'T have an effect on your day to day life? The law will catch up to her.

Trump Clown has now made a red line with North Korea and YES Brian, he inherited the problem of North Korea. Just like EVERY President has inherited the good AND the bad from EVERY administration preceding them. Here is the difference: Trump Clown CONTINUES to blame the Obama admin to this day and he will and is taking NO responsibility for his own actions. Trump is the type of "man" that cannot and will not take responsibility for his own actions. He will continue to blame everyone before him. Nothing is his fault, it's Hilary's fault, its congress's fault, its Obama's fault. One day you will understand that a President owns EVERYTHING and he INHERITS EVERYTHING. Who give's a rat's ass who did what before he stumbled into the White House - Trump Clown is President now. He wanted the job and now he has it.

I HAVE to believe you are smarter than you "appear" here. I HAVE to believe that there is a part of you that appreciates reason, thought, common sense and decency; attributes that our President is sorely missing. SOMETHING has still got to matter in this country Brian - we owe it that.

2000 R1150GS
2000 Toyota 4Runner
1963 Triumph TR4
1993 Ducati 900ss
Old 08-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #4066
brian4d

Quote:
- we owe it that.
What we owe our country is to adhere to our continued values and way of life. That's our freedom to vote and possibly choose our elected officials. You'll obviously never see why Trump appeals and I'll never understand why you voted for whoever.

I would ask you to go back and re-read your last comments and see that 100% of it is hypothetical and prophet like. You speak of his character as if you guys were old high school buddies that had a falling out. While my opinions are concentrated on what's happening here and now. My last comment stands. Chicken little is no way to live but for some it may help, hell, I don't know. I do know that I'm taking this presidency day by day and given the circumstances I'm happy. It was ask on here long ago, what has Trump done to you directly. We had some good answers and some bad. I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bath waster. If you value this country and our processes in place you should understand, Trumps got to do his thing. 4, 8 years whatever. This running for the hills stuff is for the birds. Talk to me when Trump gets Un to Lob 5 Nukes here. Or 'causes' WWIII. Not holding my breath, yet. Guess that's what makes America great, we're all free to have our own thoughts, True, untrue, hypothetical, reality or just opinion.

And I think you know by listening to me here over the years I'm no fool. If you haven't met any smart, outgoing, rational, hard working American Trump supporters I'd suggest you get out a bit more. We're not all fools sir.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #4067
discostew

[QUOTE=brian4d;1061139]

And I think you know by listening to me here over the years I'm no fool. We're not all fools sir.

Don't assume your not a fool. Don't sell yourself short like that.
discostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #4068
brian4d

[QUOTE=discostew;1061147]
Quote:

And I think you know by listening to me here over the years I'm no fool. We're not all fools sir.

Don't assume your not a fool. Don't sell yourself short like that.
Learn to quote Stew.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #4069
emmodg

Quote:
What we owe our country is to adhere to our continued values and way of life. That's our freedom to vote and possibly choose our elected officials. You'll obviously never see why Trump appeals and I'll never understand why you voted for whoever.

I would ask you to go back and re-read your last comments and see that 100% of it is hypothetical and prophet like. You speak of his character as if you guys were old high school buddies that had a falling out. While my opinions are concentrated on what's happening here and now. My last comment stands. Chicken little is no way to live but for some it may help, hell, I don't know. I do know that I'm taking this presidency day by day and given the circumstances I'm happy. It was ask on here long ago, what has Trump done to you directly. We had some good answers and some bad. I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bath waster. If you value this country and our processes in place you should understand, Trumps got to do his thing. 4, 8 years whatever. This running for the hills stuff is for the birds. Talk to me when Trump gets Un to Lob 5 Nukes here. Or 'causes' WWIII. Not holding my breath, yet. Guess that's what makes America great, we're all free to have our own thoughts, True, untrue, hypothetical, reality or just opinion.

And I think you know by listening to me here over the years I'm no fool. If you haven't met any smart, outgoing, rational, hard working American Trump supporters I'd suggest you get out a bit more. We're not all fools sir.

I know EXACTLY why Trump was elected.

Support the clown, it is your right and no one is stopping you. His failures now and in the future are his and no one else's. Not dumb ass Hilary, not Obama's, not Mueller's not the "fake media's" - they are his. You do understand that right?

2000 R1150GS
2000 Toyota 4Runner
1963 Triumph TR4
1993 Ducati 900ss
Old 08-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #4070
brian4d

Quote:

Support the clown, it is your right and no one is stopping you. His failures now and in the future are his and no one else's. Not dumb ass Hilary, not Obama's, not Mueller's not the "fake media's" - they are his. You do understand that right?
I think voters do take some responsibility as well. For our country's sake lets hope he does a stand up job. Off to a rocky start as far as optics for sure.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #4071
D Chapman

Quote:

What about Bush?
D Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #4072
1920SF

Member Trucks

Damn bleeding heart FBI.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.013af5634556

Witch hunt! Conspiracy!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #4073
SCSL

Member Trucks

Quote:
What is your opinion on why Trump was elected?

1996 Disco I 33s, armor, etc (sold, now on 35s, nasty)
1999 Disco II, (now Son #1's, on 35s)
2001 Disco II, chopped & caged, 37s, locked (Molly)
2004 Disco II, (now Son #2's, on 32s)
2008 L322 (DD)
SCSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #4074
brian4d

Quote:
Damn bleeding heart FBI.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.013af5634556

Witch hunt! Conspiracy!
You know how much baggage Manafort and Roger Stone have? LOL. Stone will be next, just wait. You like Reagan? Guess who got him elected?

I'd bet the FBI could spend years digging on those two. Both are quite fascinating to learn about.

You happen to see what Mad Dog Mattis said about the destruction of the NK people? Not just Trump it appears. After 3-4 decades of failed diplomacy this is finally coming to a head. It's all Bushes/Trumps fault.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #4075
1920SF

Member Trucks

Quote:
You happen to see what Mad Dog Mattis said about the destruction of the NK people? Not just Trump it appears. After 3-4 decades of failed diplomacy this is finally coming to a head. It's all Bushes/Trumps fault.
Just as an FYI, he doesn't go by Mad Dog. Or rather, I wouldn't suggest using that to his face-and we don't use it behind his back. Chaos is far more appropriate.

I have seen what the SecDef said. Here's my question to you: how does this end?

I am always amazed by those that have never done, nor are in any danger of doing, talking about going to war as if its a game or something to be excited about because it proves strength.

But back to the how it ends, we may find it to be a phyriic victory, or something close to it.
r-
Ray