DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
(because, had you (which you haven't) we then could discuss how their 'repetitive' workplace is anything but. You know, physiologically and such).
Ray, I've met my congressman and senator, I've also met very briefly and shook hands at events H and W, either way this doesn't matter.

When it comes to Governing, voting, diving into bills, discussing this with fellow Senators/Congressmen and 'friends across the isle' it's the same repetitive workplace. You can get stuck in your ways. Do you know any congressman/women or Senators that are stuck in their ways Ray? Be honest. Maybe a Republican or Democrat not breaking ranks? It's so obvious but you don't see it because you're in the thick of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:17 PM

13% Congressional Approval. Nice.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Term Limits:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/wo..._campaign=push
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:42 PM

Term Limits:

Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:55 PM
KN4KFS

More great work draining that swamp:

Trump?s Homeland Security pick is caught up in a conflict of interest complaint

President Trump?s nominee to lead the Department of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen, has been guided through her Senate confirmation process by a private consultant who represents companies seeking millions in DHS contracts, an arrangement that creates conflicts of interest, according to a government-ethics watchdog group as well as current and former national security officials.

In copies of recent emails viewed by The Washington Post, Bingel was included in internal communications between DHS officials and White House staffers working to advance Nielsen?s nomination. The messages involved nearly a dozen officials, and Bingel was the only person who wasn?t a government staffer.

Cohen, who was a homeland security adviser to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, said he could not remember another instance of DHS employees being assigned such tasks by a private consultant, or sharing sensitive communications about a nominee through nongovernment servers.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:09 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Ray, I've met my congressman and senator, I've also met very briefly and shook hands at events H and W, either way this doesn't matter.

When it comes to Governing, voting, diving into bills, discussing this with fellow Senators/Congressmen and 'friends across the isle' it's the same repetitive workplace. You can get stuck in your ways. Do you know any congressman/women or Senators that are stuck in their ways Ray? Be honest. Maybe a Republican or Democrat not breaking ranks? It's so obvious but you don't see it because you're in the thick of it.
Flying a plane and doing the things you describe as repetitive are incredibly different.
Of course you don't see how obvious that is, likely b/c you have done neither.

The rest of your posts don't add to your argument.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:14 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
So why did you vote for who you did again, I mean, if that's your threshold-explain your moral foundation. Or lack thereof.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...s-have-told-us

Old 11-16-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
So why did you vote for who you did again, I mean, if that's your threshold-explain your moral foundation. Or lack thereof.

Yea, I'm not so sure Leeann Tweeden let Al do anything while she was asleep Ray.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Yea, I'm not so sure Leeann Tweeden let Al do anything while she was asleep Ray.
He's not even touching her in that photo.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:04 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:

Not that it makes his comments acceptable, but there is a difference between a picture of you grabbing at a woman's chest and an audio recording of you talking yourself up to a dude. Seriously, you guys think women let a dude that looks like DT actually grab them by the pussy? Any of you could say you hooked up with a girl(or guy, or a girl could say the same) and she let you do anything to her. It could be true, or not. It doesn't make it ok if it didn't happen but you can say anything to anybody at any point to appear cooler than you are in reality. Al Franken has an actual picture of himself grabbing at a woman's chest. No matter what he was thinking when doing it, it's on the record as more than just words.

Like I said before, the Dems and the left running theirs mouths about certain things in an effort to ruin Trump are going to bite them in the ass. You can see it with all the talk about investigating HRC. It also started with Trump's comments that maybe motivated Judd to come out against Weinstein. That in turn moved to Moore (probably for good reason) and now, whether they like it or not, it's going to bleed into their own people and hopefully go on to ruin every scum bag that's out there on both sides.

I know you just love giving right wing white dudes shit, but don't go talking about moral compass when the only other option besides a hopeless write-in was HRC who has an equally shit track record for sexual assault related opinion/reaction/clean-up/whatever-the-shit-you-want-to-call-it. If the Dem candidate actually had solid moral fiber that argument would be sound, but she didn't. Proof of that is in the lack of passing on the money Weinstein donated. Sorry... it's already been spent? At least some of the recipients of his donations donated them to rape crisis centers and charities. Those people get it.

It'll be interesting to see what the thing that screws over candidates, politicians, and celebrities is 30-50 years from now. None of these idiots understand technology apparently.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:08 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkytoe69 View Post
I thought the same thing, but I don't think in the current climate anybody cares anymore.

If you follow that logic of it doesn't matter because he didn't touch her then one has to give a pass to the pussy grabbing comment because there is no proof of actual pussy grabbing. So saying that Trump's comments are bothersome, but that photo isn't doesn't quite jive.

All this is going to get messy for every politician really quickly.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:08 PM

Edit...nevermind you addressed it
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Flying a plane and doing the things you describe as repetitive are incredibly different.
Of course you don't see how obvious that is, likely b/c you have done neither.

The rest of your posts don't add to your argument.
Flying a plane is repetitive. You could do it.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:13 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I already have, to the degree to which you fixed wing folks call rotary wing planes.

Didn't particularly like it, just not my thing.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:13 PM

Listen to her radio interview, the most damning yet in my opinion. No man should ever act like this. I sincerely hope every last women comes out with their stories, it ain't right. Let the public jury start on Al Franken now. In my opinion he will not last past Friday given the current climate.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Until there's a problem and 150 lives are at stake.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Like I said before, the Dems and the left running theirs mouths about certain things in an effort to ruin Trump are going to bite them in the ass. You can see it with all the talk about investigating HRC. It also started with Trump's comments that maybe motivated Judd to come out against Weinstein. That in turn moved to Moore (probably for good reason) and now, whether they like it or not, it's going to bleed into their own people and hopefully go on to ruin every scum bag that's out there on both sides.

I know you just love giving right wing white dudes shit, but don't go talking about moral compass when the only other option besides a hopeless write-in was HRC who has an equally shit track record for sexual assault related opinion/reaction/clean-up/whatever-the-shit-you-want-to-call-it. If the Dem candidate actually had solid moral fiber that argument would be sound, but she didn't. Proof of that is in the lack of passing on the money Weinstein donated. Sorry... it's already been spent? At least some of the recipients of his donations donated them to rape crisis centers and charities. Those people get it.

It'll be interesting to see what the thing that screws over candidates, politicians, and celebrities is 30-50 years from now. None of these idiots understand technology apparently.
Welcome back! I assume you've been busy, such is the times.

You'll note the picture was for the effect of calling out the hypocrisy inherent in supporting Moore, deriding Franken, but also supporting someone who the article I posted points out has more than just his own words.

I won't argue that we had the two worst possible candidates possible to choose from, and that one had to win-I've said as much all along. Literally the two least popular candidates we've had since they've measured such things.

Of course the main point for taking the piss out of Brian most of the time is b/c he touted that we were going to see so much; yet we haven't seen that at all.

As far as it biting folks in the ass, I'll stand by what you and I have discussed-2018 is going to be bloodletting for the GOP-and I'll bet you a bottle we've got a one term POTUS too.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I already have, to the degree to which you fixed wing folks call rotary wing planes.

Didn't particularly like it, just not my thing.
Rotary wing, lol. You mean a gyro-plane? You've flown a gyro-plane? That's pretty cool.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Possibly, however, I think she was thinking the photo was taken to humiliate. Her tweet about it.

Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
As far as it biting folks in the ass, I'll stand by what you and I have discussed-2018 is going to be bloodletting for the GOP-and I'll bet you a bottle we've got a one term POTUS too.
I'll take the bet if he runs. If he bitches out then I'll just get you some shitty 2020 election t-shirt as a token consolation prize. As much as many may not like it, I think he'll get 2 terms and the GOP will not lose control after 2018.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Possibly, however, I think she was thinking the photo was taken to humiliate.
Of course it was...thats why you never pass out first at a party.

It's no different than someone drawing dicks on your face. It's not the coolest thing to do, but calling it harassment is a bit much IMHO.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:

It's no different than someone drawing dicks on your face. It's not the coolest thing to do, but calling it harassment is a bit much IMHO.
This sounds like you're Victim blaming here. Am I reading you right?

It doesn't sound like you have listened to her interview. There's much more involved here. He force kissed her, tongue and all.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:40 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:

That's your opinion. There are laws that define it, though. Under those definitions, that is harassment. Most are based off this equal opportunity definition.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when
1. submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment,
2. submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals, or
3. such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.

The last one is mostly a catch all that applies for this instance. It doesn't matter what you or anybody else think in the end if the individual finds it intimidating, hostile, or offensive and it affects them then that's what matters and they're going to have backing based on the definition.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
This sounds like you're Victim blaming here. Am I reading you right?

It doesn't sound like you have listened to her interview. There's much more involved here. He force kissed her, tongue and all.
I'm not victim blaming.

And yes, the kissing shit is sleazy and gross. I'm just talking about the photo.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I'm not victim blaming.

And yes, the kissing shit is sleazy and gross. I'm just talking about the photo.
It (the photo) defiantly adds credence to the rest of her claims IMO.
Quote:
Brian was right!