DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 02-25-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chapman View Post
That's the goal. Give them an inch and they take a mile. This is why we have the NRA.
Wrong.

We amended the first amendment. We still have bob maplethorpe.

We (Yankees) founded the NRA to teach other Yankees how to shoot accurately for when 'THE SOUTH RISES AGIN'!!! We (yankees) used to help author gun control legislation.

Then the ATF shot an NRA member and the agenda shifted.

We NOW have the NRA to constantly scare people into thinking if they take your semi automatic assault rifle they won't stop til they get your whole armory!!!!!!! This is why we have the NRA. gun manufacturers could not survive without their marketing and scare tactics.

Last edited by seventyfive; 02-25-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Edited to add stuff...didn't finish it before I finished my shit this morning
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Now 3 deputies didn?t go into the school? Something is not adding up.
I would gladly go and be an armed guard and protect our children in schools. But I have bone spurs and will not be able to help you out with this. I have a note from my doctor and everything.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:05 PM

Cops do not take an oath to be bullet sponges. They also sometimes don't charge into a fight without knowing exactly how many bad guys they are taking on.

Billy badasses usually don't walk away from the fight.

Let's not question why a cop(s) won't Willy Nilly run into gun fire. Even worse let us not conspire these poor fucks. Let the fringe right condemn them as false flag library elitist actors.

Especially (brian4d)a guy who constantly supports and defends a coward that got out of Vietnam!
Old 02-25-2018, 12:15 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
In case folks missed the sat am release of the rebuttal memo (even better than the Fri afternoon time slot for hoping folks don't notice):
https://www.lawfareblog.com/document...-rebuttal-memo

Best left to the individual to digest; what I'd say is most striking is that it actually sources much of its judgments (as compared to the GOP memo, which just states things without evidence from any source). Of course that could be a guise, but then again the Dem side of the HPSCI isn't under investigation for ethics violations, so it could just be being professional.

Also worth noting, that while redacted, buried in the memo on page 3 is the comment that 'by then, the FBI had already opened sub-inquiries into (redacted) individuals linked to the Trump campaign: (Redacted names)'

Just for the hell of it, since folks are talking about bone spurs, this is a great piece on Mueller and Trump. The source is sure to upset some, but I would love to see the Fox version that compares each if its out there. The biographical facts are what they are.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyfive View Post
Cops do not take an oath to be bullet sponges. They also sometimes don't charge into a fight without knowing exactly how many bad guys they are taking on.

Billy badasses usually don't walk away from the fight.

Let's not question why a cop(s) won't Willy Nilly run into gun fire. Even worse let us not conspire these poor fucks. Let the fringe right condemn them as false flag library elitist actors.

Especially (brian4d)a guy who constantly supports and defends a coward that got out of Vietnam!
I?m not a cop, but the national SOP, since Columbine, is to engage as quickly as possible, with whatever you have.

The vast majority of shooters turn the gun on themselves when confronted, and SWAT can never respond quickly enough.

If I know this, the cops in Broward should have.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:24 PM

That is a StandardOperatingProcedure not a direct order punishable by incarceration. They are civilians so wether you or I like it or not they are not always going to run to the danger. I do not pass judgement

WHICH IS WHY YOU DO NOT ARM TEACHERS!!!!!

if cops are not going to run head first into a gun fight WHICH IS WHAT THEY SIGN UP FOR what do you think people like my wife are going to do??? They are not cold blooded close quarter combat tactical types...they are teachers.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostew View Post
I would gladly go and be an armed guard and protect our children in schools. But I have bone spurs and will not be able to help you out with this. I have a note from my doctor and everything.
Then you?re a little bitch. All I can say there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot View Post
I?m not a cop, but the national SOP, since Columbine, is to engage as quickly as possible, with whatever you have.

The vast majority of shooters turn the gun on themselves when confronted, and SWAT can never respond quickly enough.

The sheriff had 3 deputies that stayed outside until the Coral Springs police showed up and went inside. This deputy was the first to go on CNN and scream gun control. I see many lawsuits in their future. I?d bet the parents are pissed.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I'd say that's not applicable. It was about arresting someone, not about stopping an active shooter.

I really do t know how you can say it's not the police's job to stop an active shooter. That's just ridiculous.
I'm not sure there is anything in the police code that says they have to protect you while putting themselves in harms way.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

We amended the first amendment. We still have bob maplethorpe.

We (Yankees) founded the NRA to teach other Yankees how to shoot accurately for when 'THE SOUTH RISES AGIN'!!! We (yankees) used to help author gun control legislation.

Then the ATF shot an NRA member and the agenda shifted.

We NOW have the NRA to constantly scare people into thinking if they take your semi automatic assault rifle they won't stop til they get your whole armory!!!!!!! This is why we have the NRA. gun manufacturers could not survive without their marketing and scare tactics.
That's basically your opinion. Not how the NRA operates.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:

WHICH IS WHY YOU DO NOT ARM TEACHERS!!!!!

if cops are not going to run head first into a gun fight WHICH IS WHAT THEY SIGN UP FOR what do you think people like my wife are going to do??? They are not cold blooded close quarter combat tactical types...they are teachers.
No one is making your wife arm herself. No one is asking for her to. It's a choice. Why are you so upset about people choosing [insert choice here]. Why must the government hold your hand in everything you do?
Old 02-25-2018, 07:00 PM

So the sheriff won’t protect, the teachers who choose to carry can’t so let’s ban all guns, it’s the only option.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-25-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
No one is making your wife arm herself. No one is asking for her to. It's a choice. Why are you so upset about people choosing [insert choice here]. Why must the government hold your hand in everything you do?
Didn't say anyone is forcing teachers to play the role of a cop or vigilante. It's being suggested by the president of the United States of America via the NRA to arm teachers.

How is the government holding my hand? Please explain the comment.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:11 PM

Slippery slope argument is weak.

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:14 PM

Of all the suggestions I have heard, the registration and insurance route seems the most sensible.

Are you all done with the back and forth over Trump now?

Waiting for this to hit 10,000 posts.

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot View Post

Elliot is correct, at least here. SRO or whoever is on scene armed is to confront the shooter asap.

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:33 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
I'm not sure there is anything in the police code that says they have to protect you while putting themselves in harms way.
It's part of the "duty to act" doctrine, which is convoluted - police don't have to put a cop outside your house 24/7 because your ex has said he's going to violate a restraining order (that case you cited), But they do have a duty to act when observing a crime.

But at the end of the day, who gives a bit what they are legally required to do IMO, that's part of the bargain when you sign up to be a cop: we (the public) give you the power to arrest people, carry a gun everywhere, etc. If you can't muster the courage to save children, you shouldn't be a cop.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:40 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
Of all the suggestions I have heard, the registration and insurance route seems the most sensible.

Are you all done with the back and forth over Trump now?

Waiting for this to hit 10,000 posts.
Registration? So they know where to go round them up? No thanks.

Insurance? For what? When my gun runs out in the street and shoots someome? (IMO, this "liabilty" tact is the lefties wanting to sue gun !manufacturers and bankrupt them. Even though they might be 3-4 steps, and even years, removed from when it left their plant and it was used in a crime)

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM

All the time I was in school the only thing of significance that happened was that one day our 6th grade teacher came unhinged. They took him away just before lunch and we never saw him again. Kind of glad he didn’t have a gun.
1972 Alfa Spider
1991 Alfa 164S
1983 Ferrari 308
1958 Champion 7EC
1946 Luscombe 8E

Things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise
Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Registration? So they know where to go round them up? No thanks.

Insurance? For what? When my gun runs out in the street and shoots someome? (IMO, this "liabilty" tact is the lefties wanting to sue gun !manufacturers and bankrupt them. Even though they might be 3-4 steps, and even years, removed from when it left their plant and it was used in a crime)
This whole first step logic doesn?t work for me. And I am not a leftie
Insurance would be on you the user, not the gun itself.

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
It's part of the "duty to act" doctrine, which is convoluted - police don't have to put a cop outside your house 24/7 because your ex has said he's going to violate a restraining order (that case you cited), But they do have a duty to act when observing a crime.
I don't believe that to be true.

Quote:
But at the end of the day, who gives a bit what they are legally required to do IMO, that's part of the bargain when you sign up to be a cop: we (the public) give you the power to arrest people, carry a gun everywhere, etc. If you can't muster the courage to save children, you shouldn't be a cop.
I agree the cop(s) should have done something.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I'm confused as to how this would work. A person mows down Margaritaville during the Jimmy Buffett concert and you expect insurance to cover what? Damage to the palm trees?
Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Then what is the point of "registering" the gun other than to know who owns what?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-26-2018, 10:27 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
I don't believe that to be true.

I agree the cop(s) should have done something.
We're (the case you site) about CIVIL tort law - not what their job is. Two very different things.

Just like you can't sue a cop in civil court if he is "doing his job" even if his actions are egregious (excessive force).

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-26-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
In case folks missed the sat am release of the rebuttal memo (even better than the Fri afternoon time slot for hoping folks don't notice):
https://www.lawfareblog.com/document...-rebuttal-memo

Best left to the individual to digest; what I'd say is most striking is that it actually sources much of its judgments (as compared to the GOP memo, which just states things without evidence from any source). Of course that could be a guise, but then again the Dem side of the HPSCI isn't under investigation for ethics violations, so it could just be being professional.

Also worth noting, that while redacted, buried in the memo on page 3 is the comment that 'by then, the FBI had already opened sub-inquiries into (redacted) individuals linked to the Trump campaign: (Redacted names)'
The most confusing part of the whole democrat memo is that the democrats do not contradict the basis of the republican memo being that the FISA court would not have issued the warrant(s) if it were not for the dossier. Why didn't the democrats dispute this? Because it's true? Not worth addressing? About as creditable as Russian hookers pissing on Trump or each other?

It just seems to me that a political document provided by, and funded by, an opposing campaign used as evidence in a FISA court to obtain warrants throws a huge red flag. But the democrats do not dispute this in their rebuttal? It's just a piece of the puzzle?

Yawn.