Engel Slide-Lok mounting examples.

azarmadillo

Nov 7, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
www.chadmanz.com
How did you bolt your Engel Slide-Lok to the floor?

Anyone bolt the slide lok directly to the floor in your vehicle?

On top of the rubber pads?

Some other method?

I'm about to install mine where the rear driver side skinny seat used to be and just looking for examples of what everyone has done, what works, what doesn't.

densan98

Aug 18, 2004
Santa Barbara, CA
Just another example, based on that EE walk-through and a buddy of mine's experience, with certain differences regarding both ... (for a D1)

In my case, I set things up for 2 mounting options :
? Rear Engle 45 mount (left seat needs to be folded down - D1)
? Engle positioned behind driver with 1 or 2 rear seats removed.

For the D1, the transit lock release button position changes depending on configuration due to location of chassis mounting bolts. In the forward position, It's tight, but a "trim tool" works perfectly to pry the release button.

Another tip from my buddy - don't glue everything done. Stretch and staple. My buddy and I, both being previous/current "Series" owners know the value of rubber and carpeting to avoid use of earplugs, especially on long trips. Sooo, both foam and carpet were left intact...

Hope this makes sense...
Cheers,
Dennis

Attachments

• Cargo1.jpg
    Cargo1.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 104
  • Cargo2.jpg
    Cargo2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Cargo3.jpg
    Cargo3.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Cargo4.jpg
    Cargo4.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 73
  • cargo6.jpg
    cargo6.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 78
  • cargo7.jpg
    cargo7.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 66

Colorado Scott

Oct 25, 2005
Highlands Ranch, CO
Here?s my solution for mounting my Engle 45.

I removed the rear driver?s side seat and built a small base/storage cabinet that the Slide-Lok bolts to. The base is bolted to the floor using the factory seat mounting points. The fridge is plugged into a constant 12 volt source.

I have had this set-up for about a year and it has worked perfectly for me. No more opening the rear cargo door to retrieve that frosty beverage. :cool:

Last edited: