LOUD constant BEEP from fuse 13

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
I have a constant loud beep that only goes away if I pull fuse 13. Anyone know what could cause this? This BEEP is much louder then the faint transfer case beep when inbetween gears.

Le shed

Oct 12, 2006
Chesapeake Va
Just had this on my 95 RRC and it was the wiring from the HI/LO transfer case switch. Wiring is tucked up and hard to reach above the transfer case but managed to reach up in there and put a couple of cable ties on the wiring and it hasn't been back since.
Good luck
Bill B

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
Le shed said:
Just had this on my 95 RRC and it was the wiring from the HI/LO transfer case switch. Wiring is tucked up and hard to reach above the transfer case but managed to reach up in there and put a couple of cable ties on the wiring and it hasn't been back since.
Good luck
Bill B

I have heard the beep from the xfer case, and it is much more faint sounding, this is loud and different pitch. But, I'll still check the wiring, as you never know.

Sorry, this is the 95 RRC.

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
Assuming that this is coming from the Xfer Case. Could this be the reason that I cannot shift the truck into low range?

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
NikeCheck246 said:
Couple of things...transfer case hi/lo switch or door buzzer. Do your interior lights stay on when all doors are closed?

Interior lights work fine, go off with normal fade delay.

Sorry to bring info in "spurts". I really dod not think about the xfer case, as I have heard the xfer warning beep many times when going between LR and HR and pausing in N. That beep is completely different then the beep I am hearing now. However, it does make me wonder, not knowing what the shift interlock relay does, and the fact that I cannot shift into LR, if this is somehow related. When I was driving the truck on a regular basis, I'd always "exercise" LR from time to time, but then the truck sat for a year, then my daughter began driving it, then the beep started one day, and I really did not try LR again until the other day, and realized it would not work. My first thought was that it has just been so long that the linkage was just "frozen", but then wondering if this is all somehow related.

So, does the shift interlock relay control the Xfer HR/LR or is there another relay that controls this?

I'll look thru the RAVE this weekend when I have time, just way to many projects right now that are above this. Not wanting anyone to research for me, just thought someone else may have experienced this issue and found solution....

Le shed

Oct 12, 2006
Chesapeake Va
Mine started on the way home from MAR and after 4 hours of it the wife was not too happy.
If I opened the door with the key in the ignition you get the Bing/Bong tones. When they time out it goes to a steady high note and for me was quite loud.
If you have RAVE then go to the electrical diagrams section C1 ETM.
Basically the circuit is as follows.
F13
C226 Pin 2 White/yellow
K186 Relay Transfer case warning. Its behind the glove box.
C2046 Pin 86 White/yellow
C2046 Pin 85 Black
X175 Transfer case Position switch
C368 Pin 3 Green
C368 Pin 2 Light green
E201 Ground
Relay K186 is energised when transfer lever is in Neutral position and the alarm should be on. Any other position it should be de-energised and the alarm off.
What I found was that when the alarm was sounding and I removed K186 the alarm went off. Putting a DVM on C2046 Pin 85 I got 22 ohms which was enough to energise the relay. I tried tracing the wire and could see it above the front of the transfer case but could not get to the switch on the back side of the transfer case as the brake drum has to come off. When I moved the wiring loom the alarm went off. I couldn't see any breaks in the wiring but it is almost impossible to see a lot of the loom. I repositioned it with a couple of ties and have had no problems since. If you need a scan of C1 ETM then PM me an email address and I can send it to you.
Bill B

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks Bill, That is amazing information, thank you so much. I'll try repositioning the wiring this weekend.

This is exactly what my truck is doing, key in ign, several normal hi/lo tones, then the killer constant beep tone that never ends.

Le shed

Oct 12, 2006
Chesapeake Va
Good luck.
If you drop the glove box there will be three relays at the top and I think it is the middle one.
Hope you get it as it is very annoying.
Cheers
Bill B

t77911s

Sep 16, 2004
Le shed said:
Mine started on the way home from MAR and after 4 hours of it the wife was not too happy.
If I opened the door with the key in the ignition you get the Bing/Bong tones. When they time out it goes to a steady high note and for me was quite loud.
If you have RAVE then go to the electrical diagrams section C1 ETM.
Basically the circuit is as follows.
F13
C226 Pin 2 White/yellow
K186 Relay Transfer case warning. Its behind the glove box.
C2046 Pin 86 White/yellow
C2046 Pin 85 Black
X175 Transfer case Position switch
C368 Pin 3 Green
C368 Pin 2 Light green
E201 Ground
Relay K186 is energised when transfer lever is in Neutral position and the alarm should be on. Any other position it should be de-energised and the alarm off.
What I found was that when the alarm was sounding and I removed K186 the alarm went off. Putting a DVM on C2046 Pin 85 I got 22 ohms which was enough to energise the relay. I tried tracing the wire and could see it above the front of the transfer case but could not get to the switch on the back side of the transfer case as the brake drum has to come off. When I moved the wiring loom the alarm went off. I couldn't see any breaks in the wiring but it is almost impossible to see a lot of the loom. I repositioned it with a couple of ties and have had no problems since. If you need a scan of C1 ETM then PM me an email address and I can send it to you.
Bill B

Finally got around to messing with this, it was the relay.