Anyone remember Tony Simoneau?

roverich

Aug 25, 2010
the story said he bought 4 land rovers and a bunch of other stuff after they got the inheritance ..WOW .He probably used one of em to haul her out to the desert and dispose of her..If he did it that is ...

Last edited:

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
A little bird told me that law enforcement are more interested in the Hummer and what happened to it than the Land Rovers. Does anyone know what happened to the Hummer or any parts from it?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Axel said:
Does anyone know what happened to the Hummer or any parts from it?

Why? Do you want to add it to the collection in a Museum of the Macabre?

I remember there was a thread on this guy that spanned a couple years and got close to 1,000 posts. Maybe I exaggerate, I've just had two beers.

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I guess they never nailed him on it because the only articles I see are about how he's being questioned in 2011.

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I missed that thread. I must have been off doing Army stuff or something. This will make for good campfire conversation at the upcoming Utah trip.

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Poor guy, steals a suitcase and is bothered by the media when he has to appear in court.
SA: Anthony Simoneau, 44, is on probation after pleading guilty in August 2011 to felony theft for stealing a $395 piece of luggage from Nordstrom.

Circuit Judge Michael Wilson denied Simoneau's request Tuesday to grant him a deferral of his guilty plea, which would remove the charge from his record if he stays out of trouble for a specified period. Wilson told him to return in six months for another probation review hearing.

It was the fourth time Wilson denied the request from Simoneau. Wilson sentenced Simoneau in October 2011 to five years' probation.

Simoneau told Wilson he doesn't want to return to court because every time he does, the news media, including reporters from Japan, hound him.

"I just feel if we keep doing hearings and hearings and hearings, I'm going to have to go through this same scrutiny that I feel is unjustified," Simoneau said Tuesday. "So please, your honor, I just don't want to go through this anymore."

On Tuesday at least two news teams representing Japanese media waited outside the courtroom along with local reporters, but Simoneau avoided them by leaving through a different exit.

Simoneau drew the interest of Japanese media in 2010 after authorities in California, using DNA evidence, identified the decomposed body of a woman found in a shallow grave in a desert outside San Diego in 2007 as that of Simoneau's Japanese-born wife, Fumiko.

Simoneau had never reported his wife missing.
http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Arti...articleId/8050/October-25-2012-News-Read.aspx

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
Kyle was still in Maryland last time I spoke to him. He got back into dirt oval racing, but still has a couple of Rovers, too.

My personal take on the Roversolutions fiasco, is that it turned into a disaster because Kyle may have known how to build stuff - I still have one of his early bumpers on my Disco - but he had no clue how to run a business and got in way over his head. I am in no way defending what happened, it's a different game when you accept money from people for something. You have to deliver one way or another, or your reputation is toast.

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
ptschram said:
Sadly, the Rover "community" has attracted some less than savory characters. Bottorf, Maniscalco, Van Tassel, Simoneau to name just a few.

This is very true. I don't know where these people are coming from, to be honest. Personally, I don't consider Kyle unsavory though, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
What fun DWeb would be if--just for one week--we could have all of the cast of characters from days gone back here, posting. KVT, Tony Simoneau, Xtreme Marine, Steve Young, badfysh, Netjaws, Lifted Freelander...I'm surely missing a few dozen.

Axel said:
This is very true. I don't know where these people are coming from, to be honest. Personally, I don't consider Kyle unsavory though, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Perhaps I used too strong a word.

As I've said before, Kyle could be kind in a one-on-one setting but behind a keyboard he was far worse than Chapman.

Kyle sent me parts and refused payment and then a week or so later, banned me. I was confused. Gave me Hell for not buying a bumper from him-when he loudly stated he wouldn't ship!

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
kennith said:
I must have been away for that one.

The thread was boring as fuck...

...until I found post #829

Cheers,

Kennith

I have not seen Muskyman on here in a while (unless he's got more than one screen name). The Police should really see that email or PM, whichever it was. That's pretty damming.