RangeRover vs Chevy Stepper

Trent and his Rover

Jun 25, 2006
Anyone here try that 89Chevy Idle Control Valve as suggested on rangeroversdotnet? I called around and had trouble finding one - perhaps they work!?
-Trent

logigeek

Oct 4, 2004
Chris-St Louis said:
I did. Got a IAC for a 86 Astro. worked EXCELLENT!

$35 at the zone... All metal, works great.

2nd.. I got the same one. Worked on my 95 also. :)

Trent and his Rover

Jun 25, 2006
Today I had 3 IAC's for the Astro side-by-side and each looked different in spring compression and length (2 Neihoff, 1 Wells). Anyone knows if this matters?
-Trent

Oct 27, 2004
Trent and his Rover said:
Today I had 3 IAC's for the Astro side-by-side and each looked different in spring compression and length (2 Neihoff, 1 Wells). Anyone knows if this matters?
-Trent

Land Rover had a TSB long ago adressing spring tension. But, in the real world, I've seen the spring make no difference.

Trent and his Rover

Jun 25, 2006
Springs compression ratio seems not to matter. I ended up getting multiple IAC's and ran tests. Napa brand, Standard, Wells, and Neihoff. All performed well and the same results across the board. Prices varied 40 to 60.
-Trent

Spaceman

Aug 1, 2006
I have an 89 RR and 95 GMC 1500 truck 4.3 V6. I swapped valves between them and found no differance in performance. The only differance was at max exstention of the plunger, the GMC was a bit longer then the RR. but it seemed to work. pepboys had them for $19 or so.

Len

Jul 24, 2007
Williams Bay, WI USA
New stepper motor-help with adjusting bleed valve

I just put one in today for Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 and it works too.

But I REALLY need to figure out how to adjust the bleed bypass screw manually. Shouldn't have fooled with it but too late.

Turning it does not seem to make a big difference in the rpm's. But I know the hard starting is directly associated with this

pan2sa

Oct 5, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
garrett said:
part #s are 25527077 for the ACDelco and 779-10003 for the GP Sorenson. $27 at Advance Auto. works for the 3.9 or 4.2 of course.

Would each one of these work with an 89' Classic? need to replace mine and want to make sure. Any other mods necessary for them to operate properly?

NorCal Relics

Dec 18, 2005
2008 update...89 Chevy Astro van stepper motor bought for $45 at Autozone cured stepper motor fault check engine light on a 1993 LWB. The balance of the $200 for the Land Rover fun is paying for all the beer on my Baja run this month. Thanks Roverdude for pointing out this thread, beers on me for the trip.

Velocewest

May 13, 2007
PDX Orygun
I've snagged 3 or 4 of these from the u-pull-it yards, price ranged from free to $5. Astros, Buicks, Olds, some Pontiacs, some v6 Camaros and Firebirds... Lotsa choices.