HVAC control panel repair?

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
(For the P38)
Does anyone know of a place who repairs these? I have fixed several in the past using others for parts (bad screens, fan wheels, blown bulbs, etc.) but it usually takes three used ones to build one working unit and you never know how long it is going to last.

Last edited:

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
sven said:
The 95 RRC/D1 style? I just "rebuilt" mine. You just remove that fan switch and take it apart and clean the innards.

No, for the P38, I completely forgot to mention my question was in reference to the 4.0 4.6 panels. :banghead:

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
I thought BBA stopped working on "all that old rover stuff" a while back? I know they told me a couple years ago they no longer repaired BeCMs... maybe I need to give them a call.

NikeCheck246

Jun 29, 2008
Asheville, NC
socalusedroverparts.com

Joel, contact this guy and tell him Jeremy sent you. He has a ton of contacts and I am sure he could put you onto someone. His name is Scotty.

spikemd

Jul 26, 2009
Not sure what the problem is, but if it is missing pixels in the display, then its an easy to fix. I did mine in about 30 minutes. The problem is with a silicone strip not making good contact. You take apart the display, add a small strip of electrical tape to make better contact, and put it back together. Very typical of all european displays (VW, audi, BMW) in the early 2000s.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29920&

Good luck.