WARNING: Nanocom ACE Bug

ds23man

Dec 2, 2008
Do not use the function "set calibrated" and "set tested", it will lock up the ACE ECU.

This happened to me this morning with two ecu's. There is also something wrong with the displayed fault codes: pressure sensor out of range will give control valve 2 circuit fault on the nanocom and a unplugged pressure sensor will give control valve 1 circuit fault!!!!!!

This is the story what happened:

I got the amber warning light after starting, so I took out my nanocom and read the logged fault codes: direction valve 2 circuit failure. Bought a new coil and fitted it, nothing changed, still the same code after clearing. Tested the valves in the output test mode and they worked! Strange. Used the input mode and saw some strange figures concerning the pressure sensor, 200 bar with the engine off! Disconnected the sensor and now I got the direction valve 1 circuit failure, so I scratched my head. Fitted a new sensor and everything worked fine again. Recalibrated both acc. sensors and everything still worked fine.
And now the part I should not have done: after using the set calibrated and set tested function the amber light came on, main relay switched of and all output test functions did not function anymore! The amber light goes directly on if you switch on the ignition.

So I took a spare ace ecu, did the same as above : same story!!!!!

Found this on the site from black Box Solutions:

New/Used: This identifies if the ECU is new (Virgin State) or used. Before a new ECU can be used the main relay have to be energized, then it has to have the lateral accelerometers calibrated, which can be done using the 'SELF CALIBRATE' function found in 'OTHER' section. It also must pass all 5 'RESPONSE TIME' tests also found in the 'OTHER' section. Until these functions are performed, the ECU as an internal feature will not function correctly and will keep the fault lamp illuminated. Once this has been done this value will change from saying 'NEW to say 'USED' and the ECU will function properly. At the end of the tests, return the main relay to normal.

I think my ecu's went back in the virgin state! Now I have to go to a dealer because the nanocom is missing some functions mentioned above.

Regards Gerhard

PS The nanocom was used standalone.​