D2 Fender Flares

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
How are these attached? I'm about to go meet a craigslister to buy D2 flares for my D1 and I want to get the hell out of there as quick as possible.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
got it, used a putty knife and pulled

now pulling that tape off the flare and prepping it is taking a while. I think 1 fender a weekend might be a good schedule.

fendercut1.jpg

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I don't know yet. Picked them up Saturday, and as you can see there is no rear axle in the truck at the moment.

This was it about a week ago

before.jpg

Last edited:

Some Dude

Feb 12, 2009
Boise, ID
How's that creeper workin out for you in the gravel?

You'll dig the KM2s. I've been running them since June. The noise is about as good as it gets for a MT. We had an inch of rain last week and I was able to get them out in the desert mud for the first sloppy play day. They are respectable in the thick crap, way better than any tire I've ever owned.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
It beats laying on that damn gravel, but at least the gravel absorbs the rovers territorial markings.

Good to hear that about the KM2s.

eric

Sep 17, 2004
NY
Hey sorry to hijack/restart this, but I'm in the same boat... How do you put a new flare on? Two sides tape?? I bought a used flare on eBay to replace a cracked one and really didn't think it all through before buying. I guessed I'd glue them on with something strong and thought this would be my first stop in figuring that out. Thanks for any advice!

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
I had just one end of a flare coming loose on my 1999. I used some 3M emblem adhesive to glue it back on. It worked great. I'm not sure how well it would work to attach the entire flare.