crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
Replaces radius arms, if that isn't obvious. Discuss

DSCN0121.jpg

Jake1996D1

Mar 28, 2011
West Des Moines IA
Still mounts in two places on the axle end - not sure how that makes it any different than a radius arm but I think these are similar to what Frank has on his truck

Who made those? they look Rovertymish.. Now I see why I think that - I see the trailing arm in there some where...

Last edited:

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
uhmm...ahhh...I wouldn't exactly call it a 4-link, any other parts from it?

edit...now that I put the beer down. It looks like a adjustable radius arm so you can adjust pinion angle

Last edited:

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
Yes it is adjustable so you can set the pinion angle, only other parts are sleeves for mounting to the axle...

and

Yes it is Rovertym, kinda. Lets just say you won't find it on their website.

Jake1996D1

Mar 28, 2011
West Des Moines IA
crown14 said:
Yes it is adjustable so you can set the pinion angle, only other parts are sleeves for mounting to the axle...

and

Yes it is Rovertym, kinda. Lets just say you won't find it on their website.

ahhh some VIP shit huh? :cool:

Any other claimed benefit to these? Looks like with those plates that have the hard part of the safari gard 3-link made up..

DennyDoler

Mar 27, 2007
Athens,Ga
They had them on the old website for a very short time. Are those off of Larry's Silver DI? And those brackets are exactly like the safarigard 3 link. It's funny that is being called a 4 link, it screams jeep Cherokee.

Jake1996D1

Mar 28, 2011
West Des Moines IA
DennyDoler said:
They had them on the old website for a very short time. Are those off of Larry's Silver DI? And those brackets are exactly like the safarigard 3 link. It's funny that is being called a 4 link, it screams jeep Cherokee.

I agree about the brackets - carbon copy. They may as well of finished the job

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
Joel
Does the front bolt/pin come for off road like a wristed radius arm? Chuck Henry made some 'wristed' front arms on his D90. There are pictures of chucks arms probably on D90source

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
interesting. you are essentially doubling the bushing flex.

I dont know how it will affect AS, but it might improve the humping feeling the front end does when you are climbing.

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
seventyfive said:
Joel
Does the front bolt/pin come for off road like a wristed radius arm? Chuck Henry made some 'wristed' front arms on his D90. There are pictures of chucks arms probably on D90source

If the pin came off and you punched it in reverse it would be really bad I think. I am familiar with the wristed arm idea, this does some of the same thing with regards to side to side flexibility.

improve the humping feeling the front end does when you are climbing

yes I believe the idea is to preserve the proper radius arm geometry but still allow more flex than the factory mounting setup- they obviously won't allow ridiculous front flex like a 3 link but will perform better than factory radius arms or even caster corrected arms

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
nevermind, those are the ones jordan made? i assume there is an orbital joint at the axle. if its an orbital at the axle, those should twist pretty decent.

i never understood the wristed arms, but chuck ran them offroad...maybe only one side is wristed to keep the axle in place?

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
p m said:
It is not a 4-link. How, exactly, it is different from castor-correcting radius arms?
Yeah I've been staring at this for a while figuring I'm just too dumb to figure it all out.
It's cool for someone that starts at a 2" lift and knows they will work their way to a 3", then 5" lift. They could buy these and just keep adjusting them. But I really can't see how these would help with flex/articulation. Please explain for a dummy like me.

lunchbox

Apr 20, 2004
St Louis, MO
The joint at the midpoint of the arm will help with binding. You'll get plenty of flex from those. You could get a hair more if you jointed the frame mounts too. I'd guess you could get every inch of a 14in shock with them. I'm getting all of my 12in with narrowed and lengthened arms now.