Alarm won't let car start

KBW7

Mar 24, 2009
South Carolina
My key hole broke and two locksmiths couldn't get into my car so I had to bust out the window (bought new window for $40 which I figured was my cheapest option) which set off the alarm. Now I can't start the car. I try to start the car and with not being able to turn the alarm off with the key hole I can't turn it off and start the car. Anyway to disable the alarm? I tried unplugging the battery to reset it and it didn't work. 03 D2

listerdiesel

The driver's door lock has a built-in set of contacts that tells the BCU that the car is unlocked, the door light switches tell it that the door is unlatched.

As Jafir suggested, you could try getting into the door lock and bypassing the switch contacts, so the BCU thinks the door is unlocked.

If the lock needs replacing anyway, it would be worth getting hold of a lock before you start stripping parts down. The switch is not fitted to any of the other doors.

Peter

pschuler

Feb 7, 2006
MD
My old truck did this. I drilled the key hold and turned it with a flathead. Key worked in the ignition still.

KBW7

Mar 24, 2009
South Carolina
no the door is unlocked now. I can open and close it. It won't lock now and the alarm won't turn off. I just need to know how to turn off the alarm I don't need to unlock it. I busted out the window already after the locksmiths couldn't get into it. The dealer is a long ways away and I'd rather fix it myself but I don't know what to do. I left the battery unhooked over night and it didn't reset the alarm when I hooked it back up. The key turns in the key hole in the door it just does nothing. I try to start the car and the radio will come on and everything else but with the alarm on it won't start the engine. I just need to figure out a way to disable the alarm so I can drive it home and work on it

KBW7

Mar 24, 2009
South Carolina
To me it is ridiculous that the only way I can undo the alarm is by using the door keyhole and that the ignition doesn't work.

Dane!

Jul 10, 2013
Las Vegas
The superlock system could be activated, if you have a key fob, put the key in the ignition and press the unlock button twice really fast, if you don't have the key fob put the key in the door and twist to unlock twice really fast. I think you have to unlock it twice in one second to disable the superlock.

KBW7

Mar 24, 2009
South Carolina
The superlock system could be activated, if you have a key fob, put the key in the ignition and press the unlock button twice really fast, if you don't have the key fob put the key in the door and twist to unlock twice really fast. I think you have to unlock it twice in one second to disable the superlock.

I don't have a keyfob and my door lock is broke. the lock unlock on the dash doesn't even work. I tried to take out every damn fuse in the truck to get the alarm to go off and that didn't even work. It'd be ridiculously hard to steal one of these trucks if the alarm was set beforehand. That's the main reason why I'm not worried about it even though it's still in a bad area with the window busted out.

All I need is to somehow disable the alarm. I can't start the truck with the alarm engaged and with my doorlock broke and no key fob I don't know what my options are in disarming it. The LR dealer is a few towns over and I'd rather not have to pay $400 (what I was quoted) to tow it there.

Pretty ridiculous in these expensive vehicles there's only one key hole on the outside of the vehicle

KBW7

Mar 24, 2009
South Carolina
to add I don't even have 80k on it and I very rarely ever lock the doors. I always park it in my garage and I'm not worried about it at work. When I was out for work I was in a bad area and there was a group of people standing outside right where I parked so I locked it. Came back out and the door keyhole was broke. In the four years I've owned it I seriously doubt I've locked it ten times.

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
no the door is unlocked now. I can open and close it. It won't lock now and the alarm won't turn off. I just need to know how to turn off the alarm I don't need to unlock it.

Did you read my post or Peter's post?

That is how you're going to be able to disarm the alarm, if you don't want to actually fix the issue by replacing whatever is broken. You might be able to make the connections at the BCU too? Not sure.