No dome lights

your pal

Wired up an after market (cheap wal-mart) radio. I used the ground from the original radio and the Aux. powered wire (comes on when key turned). I connected the radio memory wire to a constant power coming from battery. All new speaker wires ran so nothing else connecting to old system wires. I also removed the plugs from the factory amp under the seat because they were corroded. I cut all the wires off the plugs and taped up all of the hot ones.
All that works fine but now the dome light doesn't work and when I put it in the on position the clock turns off. What possibly could I have hit when doing all this?

Thanks
Rico
1998 D1

Ed Cheung

Aug 23, 2006
Hong Kong
First, my dome light start to work whenever it felt like it. Then start having issue with the clocks well, as the clock with reset itself to 12:00 every time I start the car, then once a while the engine will stall or quit to start, I thought is was grounding issues as my sunroof was leaking and when it rains there is water start dripping from the dome light, but can't find the issue, give up on it and sold it to an export and properly she is in Africa by now....

paxton

Nov 13, 2006
Huntsville, AL
First, my dome light start to work whenever it felt like it. Then start having issue with the clocks well, as the clock with reset itself to 12:00 every time I start the car, then once a while the engine will stall or quit to start, I thought is was grounding issues as my sunroof was leaking and when it rains there is water start dripping from the dome light, but can't find the issue, give up on it and sold it to an export and properly she is in Africa by now....

This post does not give me confidence.