Salisbury Axle?

gl4x4

Dec 17, 2010
Layton, UT
So I installed a 6.2 diesel /700R4 / NP241HD into my classic.

I blew up the stock 10 spline diff and broke a shaft last weekend while I was in Moab.

A friend has a salisbury axle that's been converted to disc brakes and has all the brackets already to bolt into my Classic. Although, it doesn't have any axle shafts and the pinion flange is wrong for my driveshaft. It also has 4.10 gears, which I'll be going to 3.54's in it if I use it.

Is it worth $200 to run it? Or should I just upgrade my rear axle to 24 splines and a locker and call it a day? To me it seems a marginal upgrade and not worth the money because it doesn't come with shafts. Not to mention, those axles are probably even more rare to get parts for than a regular land rover axle.

gl4x4

Dec 17, 2010
Layton, UT
That's kind of what I'm thinking, its just worth it. Just wanted another opinion.

This was a few weeks ago messing with it locally. Its fun to drive with that engine. I drove it around Moab on Fins and Things and then Hells Revenge, only used 2 gallons the whole time. I still need to get the injector pump timed, I'm having a guy do it next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWqYgtRs-6A