New member - hello

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
New member here. I recently purchased a 98 Disco and I'm looking forward to the project ahead. She needs some TLC, that's for sure:

- turn signals not functioning
- needs new front and rear rotors
- radiator leak
- looks like multiple heavy engine oil leaks
- ABS light on (did the blink test and got 2-8)
- shocks and struts (at some point)
- swivel ball service
- drivers power seat won't move forward
- probably some other items I don't know of yet

So far I've replaced the alternator and fixed the rear tailgate latch (tailgate wouldn't open).

Anyway, I'm excited to dig into this forum and eventually be a worthy contributor to help others out down the road.

She's my first LR and to be honest, I don't work on my cars, but for some reason...it's something I've been interested in...so here I am.

Cheers,
Greg

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Welcome!

It's a little, okay a lot, salty here. But the information available makes it worthwhile. Do a lot of searching; many of your questions will likely have been answered years ago.

Va_Disco

Dec 22, 2014
Hampton Roads, Va.
Hello and Welcome,

I second the use of the search function. It will save you a lot of the saltiness Stu is speaking of. And welcome to LR ownership and the love and hate that comes with it.

Mike,

4Runner

May 24, 2007
Boise Idaho
Very cool. I lived north of Seattle for 10yrs. till I moved to Idaho last August. I also had a period of white hot hatred for my first Rover. I almost had 250k miles when I got rid of it and bought 2 more. It's just like crack only different. Welcome to your support group.

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
Thanks everybody for the welcome. I'm pretty handy with searching, so I'll definitely use those skills first. I'm working through replacing the brake rotors and pads. What fun!