D2 SLS dropping down

JohnnoK

Mar 19, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I need help with an SLS problem, please...
I tried to help a guy set up his SLS today after someone else had replaced a height sensor and it defaulted to full up position.

After much to and fro we discovered that the lines from the valve body to the bags had been T'd together and once we had managed to rectify that I was able to set the rear to 46cm each side and the guy left happy and content, leaving me 24 beers in exchange.:applause:
When he got home, he messaged me saying the one side was an inch lower than the other, and then after an hour, it was down on the bump stops.:yawn:

The left sensor was replaced and on the Nanocom, the readings were 016 on the left and 136 on the right side.
I manually set the vehicle where he wanted it using the Nanocom and then stored those settings per the Nanocom instructions, but it hasn't worked and the car is down on the stops.

I am working on the assumption (probably wrong) that the car is now self leveling itself until it hits the stops. All of which is well and good, but now I am at the end of my knowledge of the SLS as this is my first foray into the system....

How do I establish a baseline with the 2 sensors so far apart in readings? The replaced one is visually OK, so....
the reading is either at fault due to incorrect installation, or....
I have missed a step in the set-up of the system, or....
the replacement sensor is karked.

Has anybody had a fiddle with the SLS recently and can recall offhand what the average readings should be?

Thanks!

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
The air springs are probably leaking. They leak out the bottom spring seat. Try to pinch off the lines going to them and if they leak down you know the system didn't lower it.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
spray soapy water on the air bags and fittings to find leaks. I once snapped one of those sensors but instead of replacing I just swapped the links so I didn't have to re-set everything. Not that that helps you.
In the RAVE they use blocks of correct height to get to a baseline.