IACV - new, used, cheap, expensive?

Rob371

Nov 29, 2016
Charlevoix, Michigan
I have replaced my IACV many many times, and it always sounds like it's going bonker in there.
Is it supposed to sound loud, like a constant clacking/ticking?

I am very much interested in this.

Should I have been resetting the adaptive values? What does that actually do?

And what is the pintel? And why is it important to readjust it.

I know it's a lot, and for that I apologize, but to finally solve my IACV curiosity would be awesome.

just saw the part is for d1.

The clicking and clacking you describe may be your injectors firing. They can be audible. IAC (idle air control) is normally inaudible unless doing a key on, engine off test with scan tool. The IAC controls idle air flow. For the most part it is static but if ac compressor kicks on or you shift from park/neutral to R or D then IAC is going to compensate and adjust idle for the load on engine but only at idle. When throttle plate is closed there is no clearance around the plate to throttle body so no airflow around throttle plate. The IAC is a path around throttle plate. The pintle is part of IAC, basically a valve that is stepped in or out by IAC. In essence, it's an electronically controlled valve. Simply, the IAC is an electric motor controlling a valve referred to as a pintle valve or just as pintle. It adjusts airflow around throttle plate and compensates for engine load at idle.

Did I say the same thing like four times? Seems like it to me. Just trying to say it different ways and make it not confusing.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
The clicking and clacking you describe may be your injectors firing. They can be audible. IAC (idle air control) is normally inaudible unless doing a key on, engine off test with scan tool. The IAC controls idle air flow. For the most part it is static but if ac compressor kicks on or you shift from park/neutral to R or D then IAC is going to compensate and adjust idle for the load on engine but only at idle. When throttle plate is closed there is no clearance around the plate to throttle body so no airflow around throttle plate. The IAC is a path around throttle plate. The pintle is part of IAC, basically a valve that is stepped in or out by IAC. In essence, it's an electronically controlled valve. Simply, the IAC is an electric motor controlling a valve referred to as a pintle valve or just as pintle. It adjusts airflow around throttle plate and compensates for engine load at idle.

Did I say the same thing like four times? Seems like it to me. Just trying to say it different ways and make it not confusing.

I appreciate it.

I understand the basic concept.

Unfortunatley, when I put my head up next to it, it's always clacking. I feel like the inside thingy doesn't sit still in it's position.