Livingston Military ignition Shielding Kit

singingcamel

I just found a complete system for a 4.0 Landrover i think, It came from Craddock in the UK ,1997 ,in a box of junk I had .
It comes complete with coil shield cable,distributor shield with spark plug housings as well. Complete with instructions.
Anyone ever used one ? Anyone interested in buying?
It's a waterproof set up.

Last edited:

singingcamel

Doomsday preppers?[/QUO

Kinda pissed me off with your comment.Not really knowing what your talking about ,other than a dumb ass comment
.Run this on your pretty defender and have no issue with fouling plugs and no issues with arcing ,water proof the coil as well, but you wouldn't know .
All you have to do is move your ecm out of harms way and go for it. Doubt if you wade the banana anyway.

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
Doomsday preppers?

Kinda pissed me off with your comment.Not really knowing what your talking about ,other than a dumb ass comment
.Run this on your pretty defender and have no issue with fouling plugs and no issues with arcing ,water proof the coil as well, but you wouldn't know .
All you have to do is move your ecm out of harms way and go for it. Doubt if you wade the banana anyway.

The description sounds more like an EMF shielding kit than a water shielding kit. And the only pic I found online is for a corvette, which would certainly have a lot more EMF problems than a steel car.

B5401.jpg

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
Doomsday preppers?[/QUO

Dumb-ass comment? Your post referred to a "shielding kit". Shielding electronics means EMF protection to me. If it were a waterproofing package, I would expect it to be referred to as a "sealing kit".

My Defender has no ECU and has done plenty of wading, so you can fuck right off with the attitude.

singingcamel

Dumb-ass comment? Your post referred to a "shielding kit". Shielding electronics means EMF protection to me. If it were a waterproofing package, I would expect it to be referred to as a "sealing kit".

My Defender has no ECU and has done plenty of wading, so you can fuck right off with the attitude.

My apologies, you are right, and i'm a idiot. Sorry for my comments.