OdbII reader

kade

Oct 15, 2013
Upstate, SC
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up ordering the foseal wifi dongle from amazon earlier today. It has decent reviews and another DW user stated he was using it on another post.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Thanks man

So if I use it with wifi, I won't be able to use 4g correct? So driving with it while playing pandor ? My main concern is watching my coolant temps throughout the time I'm in the vehicle. I would like my phone to be used for other stuff during that time as well.

I use an Iphone 6 and Dash Commander App. The OBD Fusion works as well. You may have to mess around with the setting in order to sync the phone to the dongle.

It does use wifi which shuts off your LTE signal, so, you can't Use Pandora or any other internet apps. The real time temp and instant MPG's are a nice feature. I also figured out my speedometer wasn't calibrated correctly. 4MPH to slow. So if I was going 45mph it read 41-42mph. May have saved me from a few tickets over the years, who knows.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
It does use wifi which shuts off your LTE signal, so, you can't Use Pandora or any other internet apps.

Thats lame! With my Android, I can be connected via bluetooth to the OBD2, and my stereo at the same time, all while playing Pandora.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Thats lame! With my Android, I can be connected via bluetooth to the OBD2, and my stereo at the same time, all while playing Pandora.

Yea it is lame. still works good though and I don't use a lot of real-time stuff unless I'm running down an issue.

Dangeruss

Mar 28, 2007
Ontario, Canada
If you get an OBDII adapter that uses Bluetooth 4.1 you can connect to it and simultaneously play music over BT to your stereo streamed to your iPhone over WiFi or LTE. (at least with an iPhone SE and Kiwi3 adapter)