Safety Devices D1 rack and Ladder

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I have a rack and ladder for a D1. The rack is in good shape, but the powder coat on the ladder is starting to peal I have all the mounting hardware.

I live near Denver CO and I assume local pickup is the only feasible option, but if someone whats to set up and pay for freight, then ill do it

I feel like $800 is a fair deal.

Matt

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I have a rack and ladder for a D1. The rack is in good shape, but the powder coat on the ladder is starting to peal I have all the mounting hardware.

I live near Denver CO and I assume local pickup is the only feasible option, but if someone whats to set up and pay for freight, then ill do it

I feel like $800 is a fair deal.

Matt

Im going to post this on ebay. Realistically, what should I expect to get for it?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Considering the outrageous market for 20+ year old Rovers, the sky is the limit.

There is a SD rack for a D1 on ebay (Reno) asking $450, but that is only one data point. Start high, if it doesn't sell then lower your price a bit. Location is the problem. For an item like this, you need the right combination of a willing buyer who wants this rack now and lives near you.

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
Considering the outrageous market for 20+ year old Rovers, the sky is the limit.

There is a SD rack for a D1 on ebay (Reno) asking $450, but that is only one data point. Start high, if it doesn't sell then lower your price a bit. Location is the problem. For an item like this, you need the right combination of a willing buyer who wants this rack now and lives near you.

Geez, that one in reno is rusted and missing mounting hardware.

I feel od about getting $750 for mine, but i just have to find a local buyer.

Good news is that Denver Metro is a large area and there are a lot of rovers out here

Akrover

Jan 18, 2016
Maine
From what I’ve seen while I’ve been looking for a while and check CL a few times a day for one near me: They usually seem to sell for around $600. But when they get listed for that they sell in hours. There was a D1 SD rack posted on CL Boston and LRF on 12/3. It lasted until Tuesday of this week or so (iirc) for $700 including the lights. Obviously it’s not easy to know what he actually got, but that seems to be the market in NE. So you’re right there. GLWS.

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
Okay, my craigslist add is pretty shitty. Ill redo that

Its funny though, you would think the Denver metro area would be a hot bed of activity

Jimmy

Apr 10, 2006
Aurora, CO
Your truck would look so good with that rack. Come on up to evergreen, we?ll install it on your truck. I?ll supply the beer

I'm not interested in a high rack. I'm not into looks, either. :p

I'll wave as I pass by tomorrow morning. I'll be in Idaho Springs working. If things work out, I'll get some wheeling in, too.

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I'm not interested in a high rack. I'm not into looks, either. :p

I'll wave as I pass by tomorrow morning. I'll be in Idaho Springs working. If things work out, I'll get some wheeling in, too.

There is a rover group running pickle gulch around 11:30