New line of work!

WNYDiscoIIErik

Jan 29, 2006
Clarence, NY
www.lucky8llc.com
I know these trucks are f'ing stupid, but I don't blame these companies one bit for building them. If some wall street a-hole is willing to shell out the $$ for a blinged out D110 and the builder stood to make a fortune off it, Id build it for him and so would you.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I know these trucks are f'ing stupid, but I don't blame these companies one bit for building them. If some wall street a-hole is willing to shell out the $$ for a blinged out D110 and the builder stood to make a fortune off it, Id build it for him and so would you.

It goes down a little different than that when I see them. In the dealerships these days not a lot of guys know much about the old NAS trucks like Discos, Defenders, and Classics. So the real Rover customers know where to find them. They usually own something like a 16 Range Rover or two. Then they bring stuff around that they already own and want put together. Like one I was looking at had been hit pretty hard on the right front. Someone got the galvanized frame almost done but not quite. He got it for around 20 grand like it sat. Most of the parts needed to finish it in back of truck. Figure if it costs 25 grand to put it together he's way ahead of the game. That guy knew way more than me about how to find stuff and how it's supposed to be. But like I pay people to cut my grass, he pays me to fix his old Rovers and his new ones the factory pays me to fix. He could make way more than he's paying me by going and doing his job.

I guess I'm just saying SOME guys who are very smart and could do a lot of this themselves pay others. But those same guys would never buy that stupid shit. And would notice shitty workmanship as fast as anybody here.

11b4v

May 5, 2009
N. Alabama
No, they're just taking pretty pics to sell older Rovers at a premium above market.

I cant believe they're getting those prices for the 2 door classics.

The 110/130 prices on their site seem very reasonable, but still only a dream for me.

Looking at their Past Picks page, they should be half way to being millionaires.